Different Kinds of Pets ... whats out there? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiaZ Send a message via MSN to ChiaZ Send a message via Yahoo to ChiaZ
Different Kinds of Pets ... whats out there?

Well for the longest time (ever since my dog died 4 years ago) I've hated - well actually i shouldnt use hate, more highly DISLIKED pets but this year I'm comming around. Since I got Kahlua soo much has changed I love her soo much I couldnt imagine how i was without her- shes soooo good!, Then we got our puppy Bear and hes a devil but he keeps you busy, for the most part hes great too! Last night at Walmart i got a Betta fish and light up fish take, its looks really cool - hehe and keeps Kahlua busy looking at it.
And now I feel like i want more, I'd love to have another kitten but it doesnt look like it going to happen because I live at home and with the puppy and kitty vet bills are really high this time around (she got spayed, and her shots and he stills needs to go for all that and maybe get surgery for one of his testicles because it hasnt come down) so my moms like no more that require vet bills!
So what other different kinds of animals are out there? Like when i was 10 i had a hampster but that was kind of icky my brother and I never changed the change because we would fight soo much (it still ended up getting done though), and ooo the smell as a result of that... so my mom has sworn off those!

Chiara
~~ mommy to Kahlua (as of Oct 25/04)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Banned

Birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, lizards, frogs, look around .
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 02:33 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I had two hamsters... that turned into 20 in the blink of an eye I was also really young and, well... they didn't last too long.

I had a snake for quite a while before I gave it away. I've also had a few iguanas (the sweetest one ran away because my dad was "playing" with it outside...GRRR) but I got rid of them. I also had a pacman frog, but he killed himself. No joke. I came home one day and he was laying upside down in his pool of water

I LOVE cool pets. I've always thought iguanas were cool and the exotic lizards and reptiles, turtles, snakes, etc. But for some reason I would always get them and gradually stop taking care of them. I fell in love with my cat at the shelter, but soon after adopting him I had fears that I'd do the same to him. Eventually I realized that all I needed was an affectionate animal that loved me. I spoil him to death and can't imagine him being cared for by anyone better than me

I want lots and lots of animals when I'm on my own (who needs people? lol...). I know I'll probably never own another exotic reptile or anything because they just don't provide me with the same amount of affection. I know there are some people who love their lizards and snakes and I can totally see why, but they're not for me. Give me a ball o' fur any day

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiaZ Send a message via MSN to ChiaZ Send a message via Yahoo to ChiaZ
yah thats like me too...i want soo many kittys when i get my own place

Chiara
~~ mommy to Kahlua (as of Oct 25/04)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 05:46 PM

I have two hamsters. They're probably the easiest pets to take care of that I have. I spend a lot of "outside cage" time with them too. They're so much fun to have around. But since you said you don't want a hamster, maybe you could get a hermit crab! They're so low maintenance.

Other ideas: Rats (they really do make good pets, I swear!), gerbils, snake, turtles!!!, chinchillas, guinea pigs, rabbits, sugar gliders (require A LOT of time), pot belly pigs, birds, iguana, other lizards, a mouse.

--Roze
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page