Craft ideas? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Craft ideas?

Lately I've been really itching to get into some crafting! Does anyone have any neat craft ideas?

maybe some christmasy ones since christmas is coming up?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 02:24 AM

This isn't really christmasy but maybe could be gifts?

I took some clay pots and painted them in side and out, then I put on these super cute cat rub on decals I found. After that I sealed everything, inside and out with a protective decoupage finish.

I use mine to store my cats toys. They go over to the shelf they are on and pick out the toys they want!!

I will try to get a pic of them, I am borrowing a friends digital camera so I can get pics of Ophelia in her cone!! (she is trying to chew on her spay stitches)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:18 AM

I make candles and am wanting to try my hand at making soap. I also make beaded jewelry. What about crocheting or knitting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 09:22 AM

Not sure if this is what you're thinking about, but the Walmart near me sells "ornament kits." I made a "Birthstone Angel" ornament for my boyfriend's parents and am making moose ornamens all from kits. They're $2-3 a kit (the angel is just one but the moose come in fours) and not hard to make at all.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 10:36 AM

This past summer, I took up "quilling" - which is where you work with long, slender strips of paper and a needle tool and wrap the paper strips into coils, which you then can glue into different shapes and configurations to create designs.

Some people use a line drawing as a template, and just fill the areas with the coils in different colors to create a flat image, and some - like me - arrange them into designs (like snowflakes and colorful medalion type things). There are also techniques to make 3-D flowers and stuff, and it's fun to make little paper pots filled with little paper flowers. So sweet.

It's very intricate work, if you like that kind of thing, and a fairly inexpensive craft. I like this place to order my supplies and tools: http://www.quilledcreations.com/, but a google search will bring up some other places. Some craft stores also carry the supplies, but I've found the selection to be pretty limited at the ones around here, and prefer to order online.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Cat Addict

I make cigar box purses...they are fun and easy! You can buy lots of five or six boxes for a good price (around $15 with shipping) on ebay, scrounge through antique shops for single boxes, or buy unfinished boxes at hobby stores and put anything you want on it!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2004, 08:46 PM
Banned

Make your own boxes or frames. You can decorate the boxes w/ cutouts from magazines or decoupage stuff they sell at the store, you can paint them first though w/ acrylic paint, then varnish them, decorate the frames w/ glitter glue or small decals or make it a theme frame w/ cats for cat pictures, etc.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

wow! thanks everyone. These are great ideas love them! I'll have to try all of these!

I've tried knitting before lol...I loved it, but now i forget how I'll have to re-learn

The quilling looks so awesome also!

Thanks so much, I have plenty of cool stuff to keep myself busy with now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page