What do I do about this pushy person??? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

What do I do about this pushy person???

I've been trying to sell my house for the last couple of years (the house I used to live in before my husband and I got married). I've been trying to sell it on my own to avoid realtor fees. Finally, someone is very seriously interested in it. The problem is that this person is so pushy about getting together to do this, do that, etc., etc., to begin finalizing the paperwork.

I know I should be completely thrilled that someone is so interested (and I am) but I've also had a lot of complications lately related to the twin pregnancy I have and went to the doctor 3 times last week alone. That's not even counting the numerous times I've been there in the previous couple of weeks before that. I've been so caught up with doctor-related things I haven't had time to think about the house. Furthermore, this lady seems like the type of person that you'd better wait around for her but when she's darn good and ready you'd better be ready too. She and her husband looked at my place a couple weeks before Thanksgiving and said they were leaving for a trip to Hawaii the next day and wouldn't be back until December 3rd. Fine. I'll wait until you get back. You've told me you're really serious so I'm not going to show it to anyone else in that timeframe. She called me 3 times from Hawaii just to make sure I wasn't showing it! UGH!!! One time she called and the overseas connection was so bad that every time I tried to say something my voice kept getting cut out. I ended up repeating myself at least 3 times with each statement.

They got back from vacation on Dec 3rd as planned and we had previously set up a meeting to show her the place one more time on this coming Saturday December 11th. The only thing was that my husband was at work at the time and I needed to talk with him before deciding on the time of day in which to meet. She has called me twice today already wondering when we can meet on Saturday. Obviously my husband is at work so I got flustered and just said why don't we meet at 3:00. Hopefully she leaves it at that. She proceeded to give me all these phone numbers to call her, etc., etc., and I have no intentions of talking to her again until Saturday. There's nothing to do before then.

Then I had to call my husband to make sure that the time on Saturday was okay for him. So far so good. The only thing is, with all the pregnancny complications I've had lately I hope I don't end up needing to go to the ER like I have on numerous weekends so far.

People like this just bug me. I own the house so shouldn't the ball be in my court? Saturday isn't for 4 more days so I thought we could set up something on Thursday or whatever. It's not like she's a busy lady or anything either. She and her husband are in their 70's and obviously both retired. I honestly think that most of her problem is that she has money so she thinks she can just push, push, push and things will get done. After all the times she's called so far I'm sure I can expect to hear from her again before Saturday.

Sorry about that. I'm just so anxious to sell this stupid house and not have to see that lady again. She's been a thorn in my side for about the last 4 weeks now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 05:36 PM
Cool Cat

MY GOODNESS! I feel so bad for you! So, not only do you have to hold off on showing the house because SHE'S on vacation in Hawaii, but you also have to work according to HER specifications. That's just wrong.

I'm glad, though, that your husband is helping you out. With so many health complications, you shouldn't have to handle this on your own.

If she calls again, I would just say, "I'll call you if anything absolutely needs to be discussed. If not, I'll just see you on Saturday. I have a lot of other responsibilites to deal with."

Too often are people unaware of others. I see it all the time with something as simple as walking through the grocery store. I park my cart at the side of the isle so "you" don't have to wait for me to move. So, why can't "you" have the forsight to do the same for me or other customers? It's just a lack of awarness of others around them.

This woman is doing all of the pushing because she wants everything on her terms. That's frustrating for you because you have to play it safe so she'll buy the house. Grr!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page