Possibly broke my toe - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Possibly broke my toe

Last night, I was coming out of my room and managed to slam my pinkie toe into the door jamb.

OUCH!

The pain was unbelievably excruciating. After pulling myself out of the fetal position on the floor, I took a couple ibuprofen. This morning, my toe was slightly swollen and very sore. It's ached pretty bad all day, I limped around school and youth group. The swelling has gone down a bit, but I don't dare wear my snug-fitting shoes.

I didn't want to take a trip to the doctor's office, as it wasn't horribly discolored or greatly swollen. My dad thinks it may be broken, and that I should keep it still for at least a week. Anyone had any experience with broken toes? I had no idea they hurt this much! I want to scream if even a kitten steps on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Cat Addict

I did that once, my sophmore year the door frames in dorms were made of cement. I had just moved in... I woke up in the middle of the night because I had to go the bathroom. Not wanting to disturb any of my new roomates I tried to head to the bathroom in the dark. I slammed my toe into the doorframe so hard... my toenail turned black and eventually fell off. (it grew back ) Luckily the weather was still warm so I wore sandals for a few weeks.

I never went to the doctor over it, but I have a feeling that I broke it.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 12:30 AM

ouch ouch ouch!!

I have broken one big and one small toe.

As far as I know there isn't really anything a doctor can do for your poor toe. Just take it easy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 12:53 AM

I broke my pinky toe once and it really hurt bad. I worked in surgery, so I had to walk on it practically all day at work until it healed. I think it was a week before the pain subsided enough to put some pressure on my foot again. Having shoes on, especially the ones I had for surgery hurt, but you need to wear shoes that will protect the toe and keep it inline so it heels properly.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 02:48 AM

I've done the very same thing. Yeah, the doctors can't do anything for it - you just have to tough it out. Good luck, hope the pain goes away quickly!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Cat Addict

Yup, I've broken toes, shattered feet, broken ankles...

...all self inflicted too. When I shattered my right foot, I walked around on it for 4 days because I was so PO'd. When I finally went to the doctor because the pain was intolerable, I passed out when I saw the x-ray.

Haven't broken anything since 1997, as I've learned to avoid breaking sh*t.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 08:53 AM

Ouch, hope you get better soon!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 09:19 AM

Toes are the only bones I've broken! It can be very painful. Everyone is right - there's nothing the doctor can do that you can't do yourself.

It sometimes helps to tape your broken toe to one next to it. This helps to keep it from moving around too much. They can take awhile to heal so just wear comfy shoes!

The first time I had a broken toes, I was about 10 and my brother decided to stomp on my socked foot while wearing his cowboy boots. We were getting ready to run errands in town, and I had to walk around with a slipper on! Oh the embarrassment!

The 2nd time, I was 20 and I basically did what you did. It was horrible pain! I just sat back down at the computer, figuring the pain would go away. When I stood up an hour later to get ready for work, I about fell over. What really sucked was that I had to wait tables that night at the bar I worked at; it was our busiest dinner night: 10 cent wings. I showed up for work limping. My boss asked what was wrong, and then said "Oh, I'm sorry. You have 3 tables already."
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 10:00 AM

Yup, Taping your toes together is the only thing that will help...it may also help cushion your toe from your shoe hitting it. They hurt, but that's about all a doctor would do. Sorry!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 12:58 PM

ouch!! that sucks. i hope u feel better soon!! i broke my pinky toe once. it hurt like **** too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page