Better news about Dad - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Better news about Dad

Well, I thought I'd let you all know that I've finally got Dad into a lovely care home. It really is a beautiful place - he has his own little apartment with en-suite shower and kitchenette. The communal lounge and dining areas are really smart and I know he's going to get well looked after.
He's improved a bit physically as well, because he's eating properly now. But he's still quite mentally challenged, which is why he needs looking after. He was a bit bewildered about the move, because he's forgotten it was happening. But as soon as we'd unpacked all his favourite things and put them about the appartment he was really happy. He said he really liked the room.
Another good thing is that its only about 100 yards from where he used to live, and he already knows one of the other residents so its not too strange for him.
Its such a relief to me (for those of you that don't know - I am his only living relative and I live over 100 miles away). It's great that he's settled in before Christmas. Maybe I'll be able to spend bit more time on CatForum, now!
Finally, thank you so much to everyone who was sending me good thoughts and prayers about Dad.

seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 09:23 AM

I'm happy you were able to get things worked out for the both of you. I can't imagine how tough it has been. Take a little time for yourself and relax. Taking care of an ill loved one can be very exhausting both mentally and physically.

Have a very Merry Christmas! And we are happy to have you back.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 01:41 PM

aww that's so great! Especially that he's still quite close to his old home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 01:45 PM

That is good news indeed. You are in my thoughts, as I know all to well this struggle and the love between father and daughter. You have my support.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 05:20 PM

I'm so glad you were able to settle your father, and get him the care he needs. I know how emotionally and physically exhausting it is, and I'm so glad you'll be a little more at ease for the holidays.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Shelly, I am so happy to hear this good news. I know what a worry it has been for you and the amount of traveling you've had to do- not to mention investigating the various facilities! It sounds as if you have found a wonderful solution. God bless you and your father. I hope he has good health and joy, and I wish you the same.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 06:41 PM

I agree, great news!

Must be such a relief for you to know your dad is well taken care of. You've done a super job getting where you are now!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 11:56 PM
Premier Cat

Great job! Happy to hear the good news, my grandmother is in a nursing home right now and hope your dad gets better.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 07:25 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Better news about Dad

Thank you all for your kind messages. I've only just read them all as I only usually visit Catforum on weekdays.
Your replies are much appreciated.

best wishes
seashell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page