its that time of year again ... EXAMS :( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiaZ Send a message via MSN to ChiaZ Send a message via Yahoo to ChiaZ
its that time of year again ... EXAMS :(

Well I'm in my first year of college, and starting monday is EXAMS
I have 4 next week all lined up
Monday- Accounting
Tuesday- Math
Wed- Economics
Thurs - Business Success

I'm stressing out . I find i'm soo worried about doing good and PASSING (60%) that it distracts me from studying. All morning I've been focusing on Accounting making notes and what not but i keep thinking about all the other things i have to study... i just want this to be over
Is anyone else in the same boat?
Does anyone have any effective exam/study tips

Any are appreciated, you guys rock

Chiara
~~ mommy to Kahlua (as of Oct 25/04)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 04:20 PM
Cat Addict

My best advice for you is to take one exam at a time, and prioritize them. Figure out which ones will be the hardest and/or require the most studying and do so accordingly. Try not to stress and worry, as it never ever helps you pass an exam. Have faith in yourself, if you've done well this far then I don't see why it'll be any different on these exams. I'm a seasoned veteran, in my fifth and final year of college.

While I like to get good grades, I don't get bent out of shape over a bunch of B's and the occasional C.. so if you're like me then hopefully my advice is useful.

I'm curious which accounting and eco classes you're taking. Financial, Managerial, personal accounting? Micro or macro economics? I miss those days, aside from the accounting courses I enjoyed all of the pre-business classes.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiaZ Send a message via MSN to ChiaZ Send a message via Yahoo to ChiaZ
Thanks ... I'm HOPING and PRAYING these exams won't be too hard, and my studying will pay off... although it feels like nothing is staying in my brain!

Accounting is Finanical, and Economics is Micro
Those are my 2 worst subjects! I hate the whole couse I am in soooo much! Business Marketing I'm soo fed up. So i wont be returning to it in Jan. I'm hoping to get into Graphic Design, I'm really into the Arts and Computers (i actually thought that marketing would be more in the advertising way but DEFINATLY not) --- I found out on I think Wed of this week that I'm on the waiting list for the JAN term .. ... it makes me soo mad, this isnt how i pictured college to be, well maybe its just because I dont like my program but everything is such a struggle and its NO FUN! - I dont think its because I'm not smart enough because in grade 12 I took all college advanced courses and some of my teachers bumped me up to the University advanced, my average was a 84% (also got awards in some courses, media studies, italian, english and art)... so I'm hoping that I can get into GD and just start getting better grades and having fun. I do regret not looking into my program more, the end of gr 12 and this summer it never seemed like college was a reality, and then all of the sudden it HIT!

Chiara
~~ mommy to Kahlua (as of Oct 25/04)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 04:33 PM

Yip, I've got finals starting Monday, too.

Mon - Sociology
Tue - Writing
Wed - Statistics
Thur - Biology
Sat - Biology Lab

Luckily, I'm not one to worry about passing; I have a 4.0 (80 some units down) so I stress over maintaining that. Like Padunk suggested, prioritize with the hardest exams and put the most emphasis on those. I always type myself up a very succinct study guide (I find typing it up to be much more reinforcing than hand writing it out) and review it over and over the day of the exam at every break I get. (I work 9-6 and my exams are at 7 or 7:30.) I also prepare throughout the semester by doing as well as possible on every thing else for the class (take extra credit options where available). This reduces my need to study, because usually (depending on the weight of tests/assignments) I get it down to where I only need a C, maybe sometimes a B on my finals to still achieve an A in the class.

Good luck!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 04:54 PM

last Friday - turned in Geometry Test #2(take-home)
Monday - Physical Geography test #5(not a final)
Tuesday - Discrete Structures final
Wednesday - Geometry final
Thursday - Computer programming final
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 08:14 PM
Banned

Good luck!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Premier Cat

Good luck with everything. I finished finals last week for Managerial Accounting and Loan Origination. I HATE accounting, especially financial accounting
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 12:44 AM

i'm sick of studying

Monday- Art History, Latin America Take Home due, Food and Agriculture
Tuesday- Chemistry
Thursday- Cartography

I can't wait till friday!

Good Luck!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
Good luck with everything!!! I pretty much finished last week, with my Philosophy and ASL finals, and portfolio project for my Career Development and Art classes. I just have an open-book essay exam tomorrow, and my Public Speaking final Thursday morning.

Good luck, everyone! *fingers crossed*
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 09:48 AM

Good luck to everyone taking finals this week. I finished school 2 1/2 years ago, and I do not miss this time of the semester whatsoever!

I won't tell you to follow my pattern for taking finals because I never studied; it only stressed me out more. I always spent the week at work and relaxing at the bars with friends.

Take a deep breath... You will all do great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page