Vacuum cleaner - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Vacuum cleaner

I am considering asking my dad for a new vacuum cleaner for Christmas.

I'd like to find a good one $100 or less. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 12:11 PM
Premier Cat

I have a Eureka Model 5856AV/BV that we got from Sam's that was $100 but I can't find this model anymore. It was bagless and a great vacuum but we never fixed the broken belt. If that's not the model #, that is what the vacuum looked like though.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 12:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I'd recommend anything without a bag. I'm really impressed with the one we have. Got it from Walmart for about $80 and ended up doing every room like 4 times because of all the stuff it kept sucking up!!

I can't remember what kind it is. I'm thinking a Bissel (close enough)

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 01:33 PM

I have a Dirt Devil that is 12amps, bagless with all the attachments and it works very well. I spent about $80 on it. Also, it's not that heavy (I can lift it with one arm) in the event that your father can't life anything heavy (I have no clue how old your father is, so I figured too much information was better than none).

I don't remember the model # or the name, but there are several that are similar in price with the same # of amps.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
Cat Addict

I'd say this is the way to go:
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product. ... 2035726000

I had a cheap Kenmore like that one (except it wasn't bagless) that lasted about 3 years. It was a good vacuum, I was just rough on it.. and probably shouldn't have tried to fix it on my own.

Kenmore vacuums come with a one year warranty and since it's from Sears it's very easy to get serviced or replaced if need be. The HandiMate Jr is pretty good on furniture too.

Sorry if I sound like a salesperson. I used to work at Sears and for a while sold Vacuums, so I really do believe in them.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Tom Cat

Padunk- since you are the vacuum guy, I have a question. I have been thinking about the Hoover vacuum that has the kangaroo on the commercial. Do you think that would be a good one?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Cat Addict

Hoover sucks. They used to be the largest employer in my hometown, but Maytag bought them out and ran teh company into the ground. There are still a few models made in Canton, but most are made in Mexico. I currently own two, and to be honest, you can get a much better vacuum for the money if you look around. The only reason they sell any vacuums at all is because of the name, which means nothing now and pretty soon consumers will catch on.

Edit: I speak from a lifetime of owning Hoovers. I had a 1954 yellow and green Hoover that could suck furniture out of the room, they dun make them like that anymore, that's all I'm saying. Plus, it's been a big local name forever, and now big money and greed has all but destroyed it.

/end rant

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:06 PM

I just got a vacuum cleaner (early X-mas gift for myself!). I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEE it! Here, let me show it to you and tell you all about it.

It cost $80 at Best Buy, and I've seen it at other places like Target for the same price.

Here are it's features:

12-amp motor provides powerful suction with a 15" cleaning path and edge cleaning

Lightweight design and 2 built-in carrying handles make this vacuum easy to maneuver and carry

Bagless technology and Easy Empty™ dirt container

3-stage filtration system includes 2 washable filters and a HEPA filter

HEPA filter captures 99% of dust mites, pollens and ragweed

7 height adjustments, an extra-long, wire-reinforced stretch hose and a 30' power cord, so you're ready to clean the whole house with ease

On-board tools include a dusting/upholstery tool, extension wand and crevice tool

Headlight helps you see the ground, so you don't accidentally suck up valuables.

I really like this one mostly because the canister is VERY easy to remove, and also because there are three filters in it: two are washable and don't need to be replaced, and the other only costs $12 or $13 to replace every 6 months or so compared to the Dirt Devil bagless vacuum filters that cost $20-$30 to replace.

This definitely sounds like an advertisement, but I just really love my new vacuum.

--Roze
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Cool Cat

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 07:39 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
Mine isn't exactly like the one BaileyAndSammi just posted, but its close enough and was about the same price... I'm very impressed

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page