stealing Christmas ornaments - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

stealing Christmas ornaments

Last Wed night (Thurs morning) at 2 a.m., my bf wakes me up to tell me someone was on our porch. He had been awakened by a loud bang. I rushed for the front door to go after whoever had been there, but he stopped me and urged me to be cautious. He had heard the initial noise, looked out the window, and saw someone running off, but at this point we didn't know if the person was gone or if there were more. Long story, short, we discovered someone had come onto our porch and ripped down my new Christmas snowman wreath... the one I agonized over whether or not to buy b/c it meant less lights due to my tight budget. My bf drove around but didn't find anyone.

In last night's newspaper was this...

---
Four men were arrested after apparently going on a Christmas yard-ornament stealing spree.

A total of $1,087 worth of lawn ornaments were stolen Friday night and Saturday morning and subsequently recovered.

Arrested for theft were Jeffrey Olson, 20, 1109 Kearney No. 2; Stephen Mai, 20, Wichita; Andrew Dean Kirkpatrick, 20, 1109 Kearney; and Kenneth Brack Titus, 21, 1109 Kearney. They were released on $1,500 bond each.

RCPD LT. Kurt Moldrup said the men were arrested at 3:45 a.m. Saturday after Officer Terry Tabolski noticed the taillights go out in a Jeep on Anneberg Drive, just south of Anderson Avenue. A short time later, the Christmas lights at 1100 Sharingbrook went out, prompting Tabolski to investigate further, Moldrup said.

The yard ornaments ranged in value from $40 to $500 and were taken from the Sharingbrook neighborhood. Moldrup said the men were cooperative in returning the ornaments to the proper residents. Police still have a 24-inch wreath that has not been claimed.

---

Turns out it was not my wreath that was unclaimed nor my neighborhood that was mentioned, but I can't believe that these jerks can't think of anything better to do.

I kept telling myself that maybe someone had taken it b/c his family couldn't afford decorations, and he knew his kids would love it. Of course, the most likely situation is that some drunk and/or mean college student took it.

So much for the spirit of Christmas.

Oh, and to top it all off, I awoke to find out that my car had been egged Friday night. Doesn't anyone care that we are in the season of giving... not stealing and defacing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 05:29 PM

mis...I'm sorry....ppl now days have no respect for others property. We have a nativity scene on our main street, somebody stole baby Jesus. I don't understand why ppl do things like this. Don't let it spoil your holiday spirits. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 05:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear about this. I always say, people who do these kinds of things will get what they deserve down the line.
Last year there was a story in our paper about how this family's christmas tree that was growing in their front yard was chopped off and stolen! Sheesh, the things people do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:34 PM
Premier Cat

That's horrible. I can't believe people do this! Don't let it get to you, enjoy the holidays and at least some of these jerks were caught.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

That's just awful. My neighbors had someone come along in the middle of the night and snipped through all her strings of lights with scissors. AwfuL!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page