The big Move... the house is officially OURS! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:14 PM Thread Starter

The big Move... the house is officially OURS!

Today we finally got access to the house and could start moving in. *jippie*

When we got into the house the seller had left us newly cleaned curtains (for Christmas) and all I had to do was to hang them up and bring out the lights for the windows. Even if the kitchen lacks a table, chairs, etc, it looks cozy already.

As you can see there's some plants already. The seller asked if she could leave a few flowers that didn't fit in her new (smaller) apartment. In the picture you see the outer corner of the kitchen (the diningroom to the left).

Hubby put up some lights (in Sweden you bring all light fixtures with you when you move, so we had to get some extra). The seller also left us those nice white curtains (and a nice blind that's rolled up).

The movers came with their first "load" in the afternoon. They offloaded 55 big moving boxes (there's more to come and not all 55 boxes in the picture). The room where we put all the boxes was quickly renamed to "the box room". Notice that the seller left us with even more curtains and flowers.

The master bedroom, still missing the bed, so we'll be staying with my mom's for another night (at least).

This is how it looks like when the movers had moved in the couch and the coffee table. Note the flowers in the right corner and the flowers in the window, also the nice curtains. All left by the seller. She's such a wonderful woman!!

This is *my* hobby room, or the beginning of it. This is where I'll be making my home made cards, translating computer books and designing web pages. By the window will be my computer desk, which is not shown in the photo (towards my back).

Right now it looks like a minimalist decor, but it'll be cramped with stuff (6 book cases in the livingroom for instance). So more to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Petra, your house is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! I hope you'll have some help unpacking those boxes.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:33 PM

Congratulations on your new home! I'll bet it is really exciting to be making this move. What a wonderful woman to have left all those plants! Now you don't have to search for the right plants to work with the lighting in each room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
Congrats.. it's great!!! i hope ours looks as nice when we are done!!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 05:06 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
your house is BEAUTIFUL! *wishes I could live there!* lol

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 05:18 PM

Wow, your new house is so big and open! I love it! wow, you're so lucky! Congratulations!

I really love that plant climbing up the wall in the second picture!
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:06 PM
Tom Cat

Your new house is beautiful!
I wish you many happy years there!

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 07:40 PM

wow, I have to say that your house is beautiful! And I love all the plants!!
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 08:10 PM
Cat Addict

Sweet!

...actually I just bought my first house last month, just got the keys yesterday. My sellers were certainly not as thoughtful as yours, but they left the place in very good condition. (for some reason it's customary in this country to trash a place when you move out) I only got one plant, and plastic to boot but I did get a free washer and dryer out of the deal!

-steve

post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 PM

Congrats on a wonderful house. How exciting. Looks like you've made yourselves at home already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page