Graphic Design - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-15-2004, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Send a message via AIM to ChiaZ Send a message via MSN to ChiaZ Send a message via Yahoo to ChiaZ
Graphic Design

Hi everyone
As some of you know, I am on the waiting list to take the Graphic Design program at my college in Jan (because I made a last min career change).
I was just wondering if any of you have taken the program or have a job in it? And if you don't mind what exactly your job is related to GD .. thanks

Chiara
~~ mommy to Kahlua (as of Oct 25/04)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 09:45 AM

I have a bachelor of arts degree in Advertising with a Concentration in Art (which is the same as a minor). I currently work as a graphic/web designer for an internet company. I mostly design web sites, but I also work in Flash, create direct mail and print ads, etc.

My bf graduated with a bachelor of fine arts degree in Graphic Design. He is a graphic designer for Kansas State University.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 05:33 PM

I work in the graphic design field - I started somewhere completely different from where I am, though. I have a bachelor of science (I don't know why it's a bs and not a ba, but anyway) in education (early childhood special ed) and I minored in art (finished in 1996). The teaching thing didn't do it for me after four years, so I went back to college, and went through their "professional certificate" program for multimedia/graphic design. It was about a year and a half, and is only the core GD courses - none of that math and history and english junk (I already have a bachelor degree, you see).

I'm the production manager for a small (3 person) ad agency - I do design (logos, ID packages, print ads, posters, brochures, websites...) and a lot of production work - laying out stuff based on someone else's design & layout. And also other production stuff: fitting copy, finding & fixing photos, making revisions to work in progress, and prepping files for the printer.

In my other job, I do illustration for Flash websites, and get to be a creative director for those sites - THAT is really fun. I used to do the Flash sites, but left to take this production manager job, and they hired someone new - but I've since gone back to do part time with them again (YAY).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 06:19 PM

I don't really have a degree in graphic design, however I did take some courses on university level and a few distance courses.

I work with all kinds of stuff, since I come from the graphics industry, I work a lot with printed material (business cards, leaflets, broschures, books, magazines, papers, etc), but I also do some web design. Since I can't draw, I cheat and uses computers to draw straight (and curvy) lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page