Eesh, what a day... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 02:40 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Eesh, what a day...

so, I posted earlier about the BEGINNING of todays problems...

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12856

so that's the leaking. I had thrown towels down in the basement and moved some of their stuff (they weren't home) since my boyfriend asked me to help him out, and I didn't want anything getting water damaged. Unfortunatley, we ran out of towels, but I saw 2 on top of their dirty laundry basket, and since they were already dirty (I would NEVER have used clean ones) I used them to help mop up, and keep things from getting worse.

Well they came home before the plumber came. We've already been having problems with the guy who lives down there, so I should have seen this stuff coming a mile away, but i guess since I didn't see anything wrong with what I was doing, so didn't see how he could possibly be ticked off at me. Well he was. He came up and started screaming that I touched his stuff. I'm sorry would you rather it get ruined?! He threatened to charge me with break and enter (but we already have a police file on this guy, so they probably would have just laughed in his face). I was fuming.

Then the plumber comes, and fixes the 2 pipes that bust in the shower, then as he's finishing up, the 2 pipes in the sink burst! (luckliy he was still there) so he had to fix them too...

Then my roommate came home and said she had to meet this guy she really didn't want to see at a bar, and asked if I would accompany her. I wasn't about to let her go alone, so of course I went. We didn't stay long, but on the way home, I got a call from my boyfriend on his cell, saying when I got home, we'd need to go to the hospital.

I rush home, to find he fell down the stairs and suspects he broke his foot. So we go to the hospital, luckily we were in and out in 2 hours (best thing that's happened all day). He cracked a toe through the joint, and bruised up the bones pretty bad, but there isn't really anything they can do but put him on Tylenol 3's.

Now i'm home, and it's safe to say I'm ready for bed. I'm so glad this day is over! Sorry for the long post, but I needed to get this out somewhere...

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 10:01 AM

Oh my....what a day!!! I hope things get better for you.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 05:08 PM
Premier Cat

Unpleasant but hopefully it gets better. Can't get any worse right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 08:14 PM
Banned

Oh, poor you!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 08:06 PM
MA

Ugh...I'm hoping today was a better day for you.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 09:36 PM

Re: Eesh, what a day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar
So we go to the hospital, luckily we were in and out in 2 hours (best thing that's happened all day).
Wow, what a horrible day....

But, you want to know what's scary? When I saw what you had written above, I immediately thought "bet she's in Canada too" and sure enough you are... could that mean our healthcare needs some improvement?????
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Re: Eesh, what a day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hana
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar
So we go to the hospital, luckily we were in and out in 2 hours (best thing that's happened all day).
Wow, what a horrible day....

But, you want to know what's scary? When I saw what you had written above, I immediately thought "bet she's in Canada too" and sure enough you are... could that mean our healthcare needs some improvement?????
Actually, I'm not going to complain about being there 2 hours, apparently some places in the states you have to wait up to 11! I'd pick our health system over thiers any day! lol

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2004, 01:03 PM

2 hours isn't bad to get in, be seen and discharged from hospital! In any country.

I remember on my youngest sisters first day at secondary school back home in England she fell over while we were waiting for a bus going home (this is around 4pm) and we got home at 11pm.

(OK some of the wait was because she was young so they took her to a paediatric hospital) and I had to wait for my mum (who was picking my dad up at a hospital 10 mins away from where she broke her wrist) because at 17 I wasn't old enough to sign the papers for treatment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page