Someone broke into my car in the Target parking lot! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Someone broke into my car in the Target parking lot!

Yesterday afternoon, I made a stop at Target. Was in the store 20 minutes tops. After my stop to Target I was headed to the post office to mail off the Christmas gifts for my entire family in Florida. Some were in my trunk and what couldn't fit were wrapped and then placed in shopping bags inside my car.

I came outside after my shopping trip and as I was walking up to my car I noticed that BOTH of my doors were wide open. And...of course...all my gifts had been stolen. I was crying before I even got to the car, I KNEW what had happened.

And, yes the doors were locked, but no they did not break the window. My lock is not working properly now so I assume they popped the lock somehow.

Well... I hope they have a Merry Christmas. JERKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 03:18 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you! What a horrible experience. People can turn into such jerks at holiday time. Not that it would probably do much good, but you did report it, right?

How could someone have the guts to break into a car in the middle of a department store parking lot?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I didn't call the police because I didn't have time to sit and wait for them (my son had a half day at school and I had less than an hour before pick up time) and also, the cops here can be big jerks when they feel like you are bugging them with stuff that isn't as important to them as it seems to you. I did, however, report it to Target so that they could have their security folks eye the parking lot and hopefully keep it from happening to someone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 04:46 PM

oh no, I'm so sorry!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 05:08 PM

Target has video cameras on all of their parking lots. I used to work there and this happened a lot. You can use the tape as evidence if you file a police report.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Wow, that's good to know. I wonder why they didn't tell me that when I talked to the people at the store?!? I'm going to call them and inquire.
Thank you!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-16-2004, 11:18 PM

Wow, that sucks. Sorry to hear.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
Wow, that's good to know. I wonder why they didn't tell me that when I talked to the people at the store?!? I'm going to call them and inquire.
Thank you!
They might not be aware of it. The security tapes are located in the Asset Protection office, where most cashiers don't go.

I am very sorry to hear about your theft. Theft in general sucks. But at this time of year, and all the presents.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 12:45 AM
Cat Addict

Awww, that sucks. You can make a police report several days after the theft happened -- you can even have them come to your house if you want to. Can you turn anything into your car insurance company?
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 07:40 AM

Oh I'm so sorry for you. It hurts any time of year to get robbed, but at Christmas time, what a creep. I swear people have no feelings at all at times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page