Back again - Christmas & Moby & Etc. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Back again - Christmas & Moby & Etc.

Back again. I had to take a break for a couple year busy weeks leading up to Christmas. I had to finish a painting, and then voluteer for the SPCA booth at the mall for a week. So I didn't have much spare time.

Anyway - save for a minor voluteer that tried to take over the booth one day and created her own everything must go sale - the SPCA booth went rather well. In combination with the "Santa Pics" pic picture thing they have, they raised over $6000 (which is up about $1000). Very good as it seemed the booth wasn't doing as well this year.

I ended up finishing my grandfather's painting and will have to put up a pic of it framed. He seemed to enjoy it (although he seemed more shocked than happy). It was good to see them again - I enjoy visiting them. I think I'm going to start writing them letters cause I can't get home as offen.

Christmas was good, although I was a little sick to my stomach. I was going to have to work until 3 on Christmas Eve, but got off at 1pm. Which is good as I had to drive home to Yarmouth which is a little over 3 hours and it was pouring. I had to bring Moby into work to save time and he didn't seem to mind tooo much. I kept him in my manager's office, and he was a little freaked at first as he thought it was the vets (similar glass door). But he settled in nicely and he actually let me comb him (got out LOTS of hair). It was pretty much eventless, except for when he squeezed between her desk and the wall and got STUCK. Like - so tight we had to move the desk to get him out. I don't know what he's doing...

At home he was perfect - nice and super happy to everyone, and was pretty good with the dog. He was a bit more friendly than he was last year even. As for presents I mainly got a coffee grinder, a new vacuum and a new easel.

Julia stayed home during the holidays cause she doesn't travel well (I took Moby home as I was worried he'd poo somewhere he wasn't supposed to), but it sorta reverted her Moby "friendship". She was acting like she hadn't seen him before, but after a couple days she's doing better but not perfect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 01:51 PM
MA
Senior Cat

Welcome back. You're a busy man! Congrats on the SPCA booth success. Glad to hear you had a nice visit with family for Christmas. Have a happy new too. (I'm sorry I sound so choppy, I'm in a hurry to get to the groceries to fight the mob)

BOKAHA
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 08:09 PM
Banned

Welcome back! Poor Moby , sounds like when my Baby got stuck behind the machine at the vets, finally after an hour we got her out! Can't wait to see the finished painting & congrats on all the money you raised!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 09:30 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Hi, Bean! Have a great New Year's Day! We miss you when you're not here. but it sounds as if you've been doing some great work.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page