One of the many reasons I love my cat - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

One of the many reasons I love my cat

As many of you know, I had been gone on vacation for a week. I've never left my cats for that long, but I knew they were in good hands with my parents. I called every other day to check on them and my mom was saying how Elly had basically moved herself in. She was playing with the other cats and the dog, using their litter boxes and generally just hanging around the house with the fam. (They had already been there for a week with me before I left.)

Punky on the other hand, stayed upstairs and never once came down. The computer is up here so my sister was around her on a daily basis to spend time with her. I just felt bad for her.

Last night when I got in, I sat down in the front room with my parents for about an hour talking to them about my trip. I stopped at the bottom of the steps when I was talking to them for some reason and that's when I heard a whole slew of "MROW!"s. Those of you who have Siamese cats know what it's like to be 'scolded' by them.

When I came up to see her she was so excited, it just really made me happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Elly as much as Punky, but Punky and I have a special bond. I don't know if it's because she was a rescue or what. Last night when I went to bed she was a giant purring fluffball, she acted the same way she did the first night when I brought her home from the shelter.

I know it's a bit of a corny post, but I thought I'd share it with people who I think understand the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
aww!!! that's so sweet! It's so nice to have the affirmation that they really do love you

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Aww, I know exactly what you mean! It sounds like Punky has picked you out as "her" human. I think it's very sweet that you two have that bond, and it's nice of you to admit it, too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
No, it's not a corny post at all, Rob! You love each other, and she didn't understand why you hadn't been home. When I was in the hospital, I kept thinking that my babies must have thought I had abandoned them. They were a bit cool for a little while after I came home; I think they were confused. But after a while, I got lots and lots of kitty loves! What would we do without them?

Jeanie

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Cool Cat

aren't kitties the best?!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 07:35 PM
Tom Cat

Punky is as blessed to have you as you are to have her.

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Banned

Oh, that's so nice!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:58 AM
Cat Addict

Kitties are the best. Isn't funny when they let you know they love you as much as you love them.

~Shelly~

Zoee, Zack, Lamar & Mateo's mom
and Khan my Pit Bull Terrier
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Premier Cat

Not corny at all.
Aw, she really loves you!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Cat

Punky is for sure robs cat

she doesn't like it when i come back from a weekend away and rob says i'm her pet peeve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page