"Who's your Daddy?" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

"Who's your Daddy?"

Reality television has gone too far. So Fox has this new reality show called "Who's Your Daddy?" All I know about it is a child was adopted and now later in her life, she is confronted by 8 men, one of which is her biological father.

She now has to narrow the 8 men down to a group of 4. Out of the 4 she chooses, if she is told her father is in that group, she has the potential to win $100,000 but if her father is in the group that she chooses to eliminate, she only gets $75,000, however that group goes on because obviously, her dad has to be in the group that goes on or the show would be ruined.

Anyone else see this as going over board with reality TV? I work at an adoption agency and apparently one of the adoption workers there is supposed to go on a talk radio show tomorrow and share her opinions of the insanity of this show.

(Turns out she picked the right 4 guys, one is her father. The "fathers" are good actors...all sobbing and crying.) DUMB!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Cool Cat

why why why?

that is soooooo bad!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to OsnobunnieO
I completely agree... reality tv has gotten insane lately. I mean, sure I watch some of it, but still.

I can't see how its still called "reality" tv either. NOTHING about it is real except the fact that it isn't scripted... except that most of it IS scripted!!

I've heard about this show and think its sick. If you want to reunite an adopted child and their parent... put them on Oprah or something. There's no need to play off people's emotions like this.

Jessie

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 09:56 PM
Premier Cat

I think it's disgraceful. Shame on them for putting something like this on the air. How can they live with themselves after taking advantage of these people and their vulnerability this way. I won't spend a single second watching this show.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Hah! Now reality TV is going to far?!? I think it went that way a loooong time ago (like that Swan show, for one). I don't watch it - I think every new thing they come up with is more rediculous than the rest, not to mention insulting/humiliating to both participants and viewers. Sorry to all you fans, that's just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
My TV broke about a month ago and I have made no attempt to fix it or get a new one, because I spent most of my nights glued to the tube watching these ridiculous reality TV shows. They are addicting, and that's why they keep progressing and multiplying. People actually buy into this crap, me included. Now that I don't watch TV I realize even more how toxic those shows were to my life. It took away time from my furry family, my boyfriend, my friends, etc.
I'm blabbering now. Anyway, I don't miss TV at all. Although, sometimes I do miss Desperate Housewives! That was my "new show" after Sex And The City ended. *guilty face*

<3
Roze
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
i havn't had tv since coming to school. We dont have tv at the house here. I don't miss it at all, i can't believe how much time i WASTED sitting infront of that thing! If i want to watch a show now, I get dvds... a lot of stuff that is worth watching is out on dvd now anyways

The ONLY thing I miss is muchmusic. I still feel like I would benefit from a half hour of Much every day. Seeing as I don't have a good radio station out here, is that really too much to ask for a girl who likes her music?!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 12:21 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Ah, it's nice to hear from fellow tv "abstainers" . I have a working tv, no cable though, but I rarely watch. I have a couple of shows I like, but my tv viewing is probably less than 5 hours per week. Once in awhile, I do get the urge to watch, and I have several shows I'll watch when in the mood, but don't really follow; I get bored with it quickly though. I grew up loving to read, and tv has never really wiped off on me too much - I find books more absorbing, go figure. I do have a weekness for the internet, though. But at least I often use it to answer questions I've always wanted the answer to - I just get off on a lot of tangents.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:56 AM
Cat Addict

For me, 95% of my TV watching is for sports only. If it weren't for them, TV wouldn't be very necessary at all. I watch football all day on Sundays and during the summer months I was Detroit Tiger games whenever they're televised. I try to catch SportsCenter on Mondays to help catch up on busy weekends of sports. Aside from that I'll pick up the occasional sitcom here or there but nothing that ever requires "committment" such as reality shows and dramas.

I do spent probably too much time online, which I know I need to cut back on. At least the things I do online are productive... I also believe that the interraction of using a computer is much better than blankly staring at the tube.

On the subject of reality shows, they really aren't my thing. Even shows that have what I think is a good theme, such as a The Apprentice, can't keep my attention for very long because I get so annoyed with the people that appear on these shows.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 02:50 AM
Tom Cat

I thought the show was tacky as well, but you have to look at it from another perspective. The people sign up to be on the show, it's not like they're forced into it. Plus they get 100,000. I realize it exploits people, but they seem alright with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page