Went to the shelter and looked at cats today - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Went to the shelter and looked at cats today

My BF and I went to the shelter today and looked at some cats and dogs. We aren't exactly ready to add another dog to the household right now. Our puppy is just about 9 months old and still requires a great deal of time and patience! Of course if it were up to me.....we probably never would. I'm a cat person now and I can't be turned back!!

We looked at (2) two adult cats. Both were approximately 1 year old. Both were black. One was a female. She was listed as timid at first, but friendly. She was a little shy, but she was a real lap cat. She didn't mind being held and sat down and relaxed on both of our laps. She has an upper respitory infection, but they said she would be given medication if we adopted her. The other was a male. His fur was very unique. At least I had never seen anything like it. His fur is black, but his undercoat is white. When you pet him you can see the white. Kinda cool looking. He is not yet neutered, but would be before he came home if we chose to adopt him. He seemed more energetic. He was walking all over the room. He let us hold him and he layed on my BF's lap for a bit, but didn't seem as snuggly as the female. My BF and I are going to talk more about them tonight.

We didn't put a hold on either of them, because they were closing. We are going tomorrow morning to see them both again. So I may be a "new" cat mom again soon!

~Shelly~

Zoee, Zack, Lamar & Mateo's mom
and Khan my Pit Bull Terrier
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Cat

Don't get fooled by the female being a "lap cat". Vequi seemed to be happy sitting on my lap forever, when I met her at the shelter, but once at home she has never, ever wanted to sit on my lap.

Roberto (Vequi's Daddy)
Vequi says "íMiau!"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:26 AM
MA
Senior Cat

Oh gosh -- how can you choose between the two?! We have 3 cats all with 3 very distinct personalities and lap times. Our male tabby can sit with me for hours whereas the other 2 female cats will sit, get up and wander around, come back, sit, get up, eat...

That is so wonderful of you both to adopt/rescue another cat.

BOKAHA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 11:58 AM
Kitten

Aww

How exciting! but it's got to be hard to choose, they both sound lovely.

By the way I think its great that you are giving an older cat a second chance.

Let us know how your further visit went, I hope you're a new cat mum soon!

Purr...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I am picking him up tomorrow. Here is the post about it.

https://www.catforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13493

~Shelly~

Zoee, Zack, Lamar & Mateo's mom
and Khan my Pit Bull Terrier
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Cool Cat

very true about 'lap cats'. some truly are, but i found most cats to be lap cats only when they want to be.

for example, my marsh loves to sleep on me and with me. He'll do that all night. he'll be so mushy, and keep me away with his purring, in fact, last night i hardly got any sleep, he was all over me. But during the day he'll follow me around constantly and rub up against me, but wont' get on my lap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page