Bad, bad morning. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Bad, bad morning.

Okay, so I get up this morning and I step on a cat toy that sends me sailing across the kitchen floor where I fall and smash my elbow on the floor and the back of my head on our refrigerator.

Life goes on...

Then I am taking the dog daycare and on the way there I realize I forgot my laptop, so I have to drive all the way home to get it. BTW, doggie daycare is about 25 minutes out of my way and I have to get up an hour earlier now to take her there and then get to work in time.

So, I drive back and drop Ava off and then when I drive to work. As I roll my window down to take the ticket for the parking garage I hear a bad KLINK and then literally the glass in my window tips over to the side and falls to the bottom of my door. Well, I'm in downtown Chicago, I can't leave my car in a public garage with no window...so I play with it a while and I get no where. So, I decide to drive it back home and switch cars with the boyfriend because he's out of town this week. I get home and - oh, that's right....his car is AT THE AIRPORT.

Welp, I decided to take off my door panel and see if I can fix the window myself. I WAS able to do this. The rubber seal that goes along the window was off the track on the inside of the door. Window is now working fine. I put all the pieces back on the door and then I wash up, get ready to aim for work again and now it won't start.

Screw it. I'm not going to work today. It's just not meant to happen! Though, now my dog is in daycare and I have to pick up my son after school and I've got no way to get to either. I guess I'll be taking cabs, but going to both these locations in rush hour is probably going to run me 50-75 dollars for both trips combined. Grrr.

Why me? It's always something!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
Awww! Sorry about your bad morning. Nothing bad has happened to me... (yet!) ... but I'm all pouty beacuse I'm back at work and I have to be good on my diet again starting today! (I took 2 weeks off to not torture myself over the holidays, and I am definitely paying for it!)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
that really sucks...but you're right, you're just not meant to go to work today. Hopefully now you can enjoy some time off before having to pick your son and Ava up. And might it be cheaper to get a cab to the airport to pick up your boyfriends car? (I have no idea how much it would cost to get to the airport from your house, but the only time i had to take an airport limo, it cost me $75 and that was a 45 minute drive...) I have no idea if that helps or not...or do you have a friend who wouldn't mind playing cabbie for a while? I'm sure you can find a solution, at least I hope you can, that's a lot of money on cabs!

Hope your day gets better!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar
And might it be cheaper to get a cab to the airport to pick up your boyfriends car?
Duh! Why didn't I think of that. It's 30 dollars flatrate for most cabs in the city to take you to either airport. I'm clearly not using my head today!
Thank you!!!!

Violina, I know what you mean, I have to get back on track as well and it's so hard! Good luck.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
Duh! Why didn't I think of that. It's 30 dollars flatrate for most cabs in the city to take you to either airport. I'm clearly not using my head today!
Thank you!!!!
haha no problem! glad I could help! (you've had a hard morning, we all tend to not think as clearly after a bunch of stuff has gone wrong! don't worry about it! )

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 AM
Cat Addict

WHen things like this happen in my family, we simply think, "Well, looks like God doesn't want me there!" or something to that affect. I dunno if you believe that (or in God, for that matter), but I'm sure there IS a reason that these things happened today.

It just sucks that we have to deal with it! I hope your day gets better and take the time ALONE to relax and do something you've been wanting to do.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 11:22 AM
MA
Senior Cat

Enjoy your day off. Indulge in a nice bath, sweets and daytime TV. Hope the rest of the week is better for you.

BOKAHA
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 02:06 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky
WHen things like this happen in my family, we simply think, "Well, looks like God doesn't want me there!" or something to that affect. I dunno if you believe that (or in God, for that matter), but I'm sure there IS a reason that these things happened today.

It just sucks that we have to deal with it! I hope your day gets better and take the time ALONE to relax and do something you've been wanting to do.
I completely agree. You may never know what terrible event you missed thanks to this string of unfortunate events...

Here's hoping your day gets much better!

Tina

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2005, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thanks, guys!
It did get a little better, until I picked up the pooch from daycare.
Grrr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page