The Phantom Of The Opera - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Cat

The Phantom Of The Opera

I just went and saw this in the cinema, I must say, I was impressed! I'd never heard of it before, and after seeing this I immediatley bought the original book and read it, to be surprised even further! I really love the story line!

Has anyone else seen the film? Or even read the book? Just wondering if there's any more fans?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

By ForJazz. Thank You!

In Loving Memory Of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sheba & Rosie (My Precious Girls)
Belfi (Who Never Got A Proper Chance At Life)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
I am a big fan of the broadway show. I actually took my best friend to see it the end of December. I love the music, and I find the story intriguing. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I doubt I'll truly enjoy it because much of the magic of the theater experience will no doubt be missing... for example, in the show, when the Phantom takes Christine into his lair, they create this effect of a boat flowing over a mist-covered river, with candleabras raising from the ground... I'm sure it's more 'realistically' depicted in the movie version, but I doubt it'll seem as magical

I'll definitely catch it on video. I'm lucky to live so close to NYC where I can see the real thing
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:32 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to Carina
I haven't seen the movie or the broadway show, but it's been a favorite book of mine for years!!! I can't wait to see the movie, but living in the middle of nowhere, I'll have to wait for it to come to dvd.

=^-^= Owned by Mojo and Jinx =^-^=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Cat Addict

I saw it live in San Francisco 10 years ago. I really like the show. If you like the original novel by Gaston Leroux, I also recommend reading "Phantom" by Susan Kay.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:19 PM
Cat

Send a message via Yahoo to Carina
I second the vote on Phantom by Susan Kay....been a favorite of mine for years also!

=^-^= Owned by Mojo and Jinx =^-^=
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:59 PM
Cat

I've seen it three times live...twice in toronto and once in detroit.

I love it and I can't wait to see the movie, it looks as though they have done a great job with it!

My favorite musical of all times is Cats though i've seen it 6 times

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Cat Addict

I saw the Broadway show once, in NYC, when I was 13 (almost 10 years ago!) and I was glued to my seat. I absolutely loved it. I want to see the movie but I know it would never replace my first (and only) Broadway experience!
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyBelly
My favorite musical of all times is Cats though i've seen it 6 times
I saw that when I was 10 and I fell asleep! We had great seats, though, in the front row of the front mezanine, and so there was literally a "cat" right in front of me on the balcony, starting right at me! But then I got sleepy, nodded off on my dad's arm, and woke up and they were on a pirate ship or something. I was very confused... LOL
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:23 PM
MA
Senior Cat

I saw the movie last weekend too. Theater purists may not enjoy the movie as much. Minnie Driver seems to me that she is miscasted for her part in the movie. Phantom or not, the actor who played the Phantom in this movie version is HOT! Or is just me that like them "bad boys"? I never got around to seeing the stage production when it was in town (San Francisco). Either way, the music and singing is still beautiful. I saw Cats on stage years ago and loved that. My all time favorite as well. I also like the movie version

BOKAHA
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA
Phantom or not, the actor who played the Phantom in this movie version is HOT! Or is just me that like them "bad boys"?
Don't worry, it's not just you, I thought the same thing! which is rather funny when he is meant to be a ugly looking monster which everyone fears becuase of his looks!

I'll see if my library has phantom, is it just another version of the story, or has it got some extra bits added, or a slightly different story? What really struck me when I read the book was just how different it seemed from the actual movie, it might have the same idea but they've brought it out very differently!

By ForJazz. Thank You!

In Loving Memory Of

Sheba & Rosie (My Precious Girls)
Belfi (Who Never Got A Proper Chance At Life)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page