Rant about being a student :-( - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to Maleke
Rant about being a student :-(

Alright, I'm in my last semester of university before I graduate in April and I gotta tell you, I can't wait! I can't wait to get out and get a job so I will actually have MONEY for once. I am just so sick of not having money, no matter how much my parents help me out, no matter how many hours I work, I always seem to run out! I live with my boyfriend (for 2 and a half years now) and he pays for everything, except I pay for half the rent. He says he doesn't mind, but I feel BAD about it. I can manage half the rent, and it's the least I can do. We are buying a house in May, am I contributing? No, because I have no money! GAH! He says it's ok, and that I can just focus on paying back my crazy student debt. Yet again, I feel bad! I WANT to contribute to the down payment, but I just can't right now! I told him as soon as I make enough money, I will help with the mortgage.

Anyway, I am very stressed about all this today so I felt the need to rant about it. Thanks for listening!

There really is nothing better than a weekend!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Cat Addict

I completely understand what you're going through. It's always tough to go through the last semester knowing that you will soon be out and be making money. It was excruciating for me to have to wait the ENTIRE semester and homework? What? I actually had to complete assignment? AHHH!

I hope you find a job you absolutely love, and I hope you make a good living doing it. You have a very loving and understanding boyfriend, and he might enjoy "taking care of you."

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and may you find the perfect job!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Cat Addict

I understand how you feel. Sometimes it's hard to accept help but sometimes we don't have a choice!

On the other hand, you should look at it from the better side - at least you have someone to help you! I can't say this about myself and my situation. My life here is so difficult because there is no one who could help me.

You're lucky that you have someone who loves you and is able (financially) to help you! One day, once you get a good job, you will be able to return their help - I'm sure about it.

-eva-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Cool Cat

Aww, Maleke, hang in there! Just take everything one step at a time. Get one assignment out of the way, then the next... You'll get there.

I'm also on my last semester, but it's my Master's work. I've never had senioritis before, but boy do I have it bad. I'm looking for a teaching job at the same time at a community college, too, so that's adding even more stress to my already hectic over-achiever schedule!

Following my own advice, though, I'm taking it one task at a time. I have night classes, so my days and weekends this semester will consist of reading 2 novels and 1 Shakespeare play a week! PER WEEK! Plus, I'm teaching a World Lit class 2x a week. You just have to make a clear weekly (or daily, but that's too nit-picky for me) schedule and be sure to stick to it. Most importantly: don't let yourself get behind. Playing catch-up is a B!^@&. (Ugh....let it be over soon.)

Here's hoping that we all make it through with our sanity and that we both find great jobs! <fingers crossed>

Cheers to your bf for being so supportive. No worries, you'll make it up to him sooner or later. Just take care of the other stuff first and you'll get there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page