Where's Mike? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Where's Mike?

He hasn't posted in over a month... did I miss something?

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
Cat Addict

I've been wondering too.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Premier Cat

Yes, I have been missing his posts too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
I heard from him a few weeks ago, and wrote him a "better post or else" reply. He said he has been learning the original Gaelic language and has been busy with church work and his forum. He did say, however, that he wanted to rearrange his schedule to make some time for Cat Forum. Boy, is he in my dog house now? I'm going to refer him to this thread ! GRRRRRR.....Someone tidy the corner; he's going to need it!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:51 PM
Premier Cat

Glad to hear he is ok, Jeanie. It kind of worries me when a regular suddenly disappears for a length of time.
The original Gaelic language!! That is supposed to be incredibly difficult!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 10:07 PM
Senior Cat

And here I thought you would be happy to see I was away.

I appreciate the concern and I really do miss all of you. I zip through here every 2-3 of days and try to look at the threads with the titles that catch my eye.

Back in August of last year, I set up a Scottish-based forum on my own Web site and it was pretty quiet for a while. Suddenly, in November it went through a bit of a growth spurt. At about that same time, a friend asked me to help him moderate another Scottish forum, so I agreed to take that on, as well. His forum has gone through some incredible growth, doubling in hit counts every month since. Like a fool, I slipped up and mentioned my own forum in a closed section on his and some of the other mods went to check my site out. My site has tripled in post counts in the last three weeks

Jeanie is right, I have been trying to study the GĂ*idhlig. I had a lot of extra tasks through Advent at my church and all of those things have conspired to keep me running ragged.

So, that's my story and I am sticking to it!

Jeanie (and anybody else that might be interested) you are going to get a big surprise, here. Dreams do come true. I am making flight arrangements, to depart on September 2nd, for Scotland! I am going to fly into Glasgow and take a train to Stirling, which will be home away from home for TEN DAYS!!!

I have a pretty good friend that is helping me moderate my forum, who lives near Stirling, so she is going to play tour guide for a couple of days in the Stirling/Falkirk area. I have joined a historical society that is trying to restore Sauchie Tower and we are going to visit that site. A day in Edinburgh, a day (maybe 2) in Glasgow, a day in Dunoon to see whence I came, a day of remembrance at Culloden and then it gets really good!

Look at this LINK. Take a particular look at the date of the actual Walk through London. My birthday. I share that birthday with my guide from Stirling. She had been pestering me to come over in time to go to London, but I have decided to wait. Take a look at the Lanark link, on that linked site. I am going to be at Lanark for the Close of The Wallace Event, September 10 & 11. I belong to another cultural organization in Scotland and several Scots members are active on the two fora listed above. They all plan to be at Lanark, as well, so we are going to have a belated birthday party for my wee guide and myself on the evening of the 10th. For you Scots that will understand, can you tell me where I will be able to purchase a large stock of Irn Bru for the morning after?

Oh, had I mentioned that Clann An Drumma are going to be involved at Lanark, as welll? Am I truly blessed, or what?

An' ye've wondered where I have been? Ah hae bin gang clakit wi' all the plans Ah've bin makin', ye ken?

So, I will try to be a bit more active over here, I really will. Because I miss everybody here and that's a fact. I just need a couple more hours in the day and I will be in like Flynn.

Now, wull ye jus' gie me th' Hoover an' lea' me be? Ah've a corner tae tidy. 33 weeks, 2 days and counting.... (Not that I actually AM counting, of course!)

Beannachdan,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Jeanie (and anybody else that might be interested) you are going to get a big surprise, here. Dreams do come true. I am making flight arrangements, to depart on September 2nd, for Scotland! I am going to fly into Glasgow and take a train to Stirling, which will be home away from home for TEN DAYS!!!
You did mean to say flight arrangements for two, did ye no? Glasgow is where my mother, brother, and sister were born and raised, ye ken. Ye couldne leave me out for the sake of a few pounds, could ye? Of course you'd have to have me anesthetized for the flight. What about a nice leisurely few days on the QE III? I'll be glad to pay you on Wednesday for a trip on Tuesday...... Just remember that I have FRESH Scottish blood running through my veins, so dinna expect to cheat me on the fare! (That's rubbing it in, isn't it? That's what you get for abandoning us! Now, lad, get to your cleanin', and dinna ca canny wi the elbow grease!)

PS. We're so happy to see you, and overjoyed for you --re the trip to Bonnie Scotland. There'll be not more of this AWOL business, soldier! Ye ken?

Jeanie

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 01:55 PM
Senior Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
There'll be not more of this AWOL business, soldier! Ye ken?
YES MA'AM!

From the looks of your post, you probably are not going to make any charitable donations to my trip, are you?

Peace,
Mike

ForJazz did it!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Premier Cat

Dream on, friend!

Jeanie

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
Get your thermals out then! I live in Edinburgh - its a gorgeous city! If you want to know of any nice places to eat and stuff just let me know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page