post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Tempur-Pedic Mattress?

Anyone have one of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 PM
Banned

in that poll in this section about mattress & box spring there's some discussion of this kind of mattress.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Cool...I will check that out too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Cat Addict

Dawn, I have the pillows and mattress pad, but am saving for a King size tempur bed!

I tempur stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Icklemiss.....o.k...I just got done reading the other thread.
Do you think Cyberpet says "spinner" meaning tossing and turning alot?
I might make a phone call to the company sometime next week,
I do toss and turn alot but I am pretty sure that is because I am waking up because of pain....pain in my hips and low back.
My husband is a really big man....6' 7" and about 275 pounds.
Because if this (and his snoring) I always end up sleeping in my daighters bedroom on the spare bed. Because he outweighs me by so much....I feel like I am slanting downhill towards him....then the snoring...forget it I am out! I cant find any info on the weight issues on their website.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Cat Addict

I think she means tossing and turning.

I sleep pretty much completely still, but my bf tosses and turns and throws the comforter around all night, combined with 60lbs of cat on the bed, makes for a sleepless night and lots of pain from sleeping in a weird position to work around everyone else on the bed.

So now we have the mattress pad (we wanted to see if we liked it before committing to the whole bed and save for a nice King size so the cats can sleep on the bed again (with the exception of BumpyBaby, they are banished to the floor until I start sleeping better at least).

The mattress would probably be great on the weight issue, as he would sink into the foam rather than making the mattress slant so much, we are pretty evenly spaced on weight on either side of the bed by the time you add the cats, but I don't feel him tossing so much except when the comforter goes flying

i used to get pain in my lower back too, I went for a massage about a week after getting the mattress pad and since then it hasn't bugged me. I have been for massages before, but the pain came back a few weeks later, I am guessing now because of the mattress.

BF's brother snores terribly, his wife got a mix of oils to burn from a little store downtown and she said it has cut his snoring by half. I will ask her next time I see her!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
Yes, that's what I meant.

There's two types of people that toss and turn (or spinners, like I want to call them). Those who naturally do toss and turn, and those who toss and turn becuase they are in fact needing this kind of mattress. I don't toss and turn as much as I did before now, even if I do turn sides now and then. Then I did turn around a lot because my back was hurting and I couldn't find a comfortable position to lay in for long. Usually when I'm on a bed I don't feel comfortable in, I end up with very bad back pains and my whole body feels stiff. It's like I've been laying on a floor without a mattress at all.

I personally don't see why one need to buy the whole bed, sounds very expensive. The "pad" is perfect, at least the one I have which is fairly thick and I could put it on a floor with nothing under and I'd sleep like a baby. The bed we have are excellent (also fairly new) and very comfortable too, but with my "pad" I really love my bed. Actually, hubby is lusting after my mattress, so when I'm away for home a few nights he sleeps in my bed.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

We are planning to move in springtime.....I usually buy a new mattress every year because before I know it.....the middle is sinking in.
Do you feel like your butt is sinking in the middle? That will kill me!
Something about the way I sleep.....my legs have went completely numb many times and it is very painful. We were thinking of buying the entire bed yes. We need a king size for both of us to fit.

Edit to ask.....if you just buy the pad to go on top of your existing bed....how can you find sheets that fit over all of that?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
No, the butt doesn't sink down so much that your legs go numb. It's more like the mattress takes the shape after you, so you get relief both for your back, butt and legs. It's hard to explain, the mattress is made of some sort of foam that forms after your body due to pressure (not heat). And it's only the body parts that will sink into the mattress. You could more or less have a glass of water on your mattress and then lay down and the glass won't even move since you put pressure on other parts of the mattress.

I sit a lot, and sometimes my knees really hurts bad when I go to bed. After a night in my bed, my knees and legs feels great. If I lay in a "normal" bed, then I can wake up with numb legs since the pressure is so differently. I actually think you would feel that your circulation will improve, since no body parts are having pressure to them and that way block blood passing down to your limbs.

Edit to answer your question: I don't really understand it, since most sheets made in Sweden are fit for mattresses (pads) this thick. And if you need other lengths and widths you just buy those too.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

I was just thinking the sheets over the mattress plus 3 inch thick pad.
I dont knwo about sheets that deep?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page