Fire alarm ARGH - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Fire alarm ARGH

Need to vent!!

Twice in the past two weeks we have been woken up around 11pm because someone has pulled the fire alarm in our building. I get up at 4am to go to work right now....needless to say I am in bed early! Around 9.

The alarm goes off, we have to get up and get dressed
Then put Malcolm in the carrier (which lives in the living room since the kitties love to sleep in it) then find poor Ophelia who by this point is hiding in terror from the evil noises, usually under the couch or love seat. While I am getting the cats organized my hubby gets down the budgies and covers up their big cage. Then we go down the stairs to the main floor (with our bird cage and cats), we are on the top, luckily it is only the third floor. Go out the side and then around the front lobby where we sit in the freezing cold waiting to be told we can go back in.

The first time it happened two weeks ago everyone came out. When it happedned last night almost no one even left their apartments. I am not willing to take the risk that it may be an actual fire so we go downstairs anyway...and take all the babies!!! of course!

People were SO MAD last night when we found out that once again it had been pulled.

why oh why do peole have to be so punky!!!!

Thanks for letting me vent!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Hey, you think that is annoying! Or furnas went out so it was SEVERLY COLD and now our smoke detectors are beeping! IT gets very irratating now.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Tom Cat

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the fire alarm. It's only happened twice in the last three weeks, but we've been lucky. At one point it was almost every other day - and there's been fires in the area from arson (i.e. almost right next door) so I just won't ignore it...

I do have to admit that I no longer take my budgie with me when then alarm goes... Its too cold outside for her, she's easily spooked, and every time she gets affraid she flaps and breaks her blood feather so starts to bleed rather heavily (her feather was cut at the pet store when I first got her and they were clipping her wings - then they tried to blame me for doing it myself... which I have never done ) So anyway, Jasmine, Otis and myself make the trip downstairs, and Apollo sits in her cage, which I cover and place in the storage room where she would be safest...

It does make it hard to take seriously if there ever is a fire, however...

Chrystal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Compliments of ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_kisses
she's easily spooked, and every time she gets affraid she flaps and breaks her blood feather so starts to bleed rather heavily (her feather was cut at the pet store when I first got her and they were clipping her wings - then they tried to blame me for doing it myself... which I have never done ) .
Poor Apollo! One of our budgies Serendipity has something similar happen, sometimes if she has freaked out about something her blood feather will start to bleed, just one feather on each wing. She is mostly white so it always feaks me out!!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 05:56 PM
Tom Cat

Yeah, Apollo has had it pretty rough. When I first got her she was absolutely terrified of human hands... At first I thought it was just her adjusting, but then this happened... I really think she must have been handled wrong or something in the petstore...

I've had many birds, but she's the first I could never get to go anywhere near me - it took almost 3 years to get her to the point that I could stroke her tummy and beak, but she WON'T stand on anyone's finger... I actually had to feed and water her using a watering can between the cage bars to begin with, since just my hand in the cage would cause her to flap and hurt herself and start to bleed again... There were many days in the beginning that I was sure I would come home to have found her on the bottom of the cage having bled to death...

I think it helped with our relationship, though - she knows that I want to help her, and now will outstretch her wing when its bleeding so I can get the Q-Tip of flour in to stop the bleeding faster... And now at the point of the blood feather bleeding she's developed this huge growth - it looks almost like birdie cancer, but I was assured its only scar tissue...

But other than that, she's healthy and happy, and my baby birdie, so I love her

Chrystal

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Compliments of ForJazz
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Cat

That's terrible that someone is doing that as a prank. And against the law!!

It's sad to know that people may get in harms way when they ignore the alarm because they think it is just another prank. I'm glad you are taking it seriously. We all need to put things in perspective and treat these kinds of things seriously. Better safe than sorry.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

if they find out for sure who is doing it they will get the bill from the fire department!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page