Might be moving soon... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Might be moving soon...

We have been seriously discussing moving since my mom passed away this summer. We would like to be closer to friends and family; though we are only 2 hours away now, it still makes a difference.

We found out last night that my bf has an interview this Friday. It sounds like a great company. I'm terrified, though. If he gets it, I will be out of a job until I can find something new. It was very difficult to find the job I have now, and I doubt I will find one I like as much.

I'm also nervous about leaving my town. I've been here for 7 1/2 years. I love the size, the layout, the atmosphere, but most of all, I like my routine. Don't get me wrong, I do really want to move, but it's a lot to take in. And the money part is really stressing me out. We told our employers today so that we don't leave them stranded.

I guess I'm just looking to tell someone about it because the situation has me really stressed out, and all I do is sit here at work at stress more.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 11:13 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
"The only thing that's constant in life is change"

I really think moves are good for the soul. I know you're nervous about losing your routine, but really, it will probably be refreshing! I'm sure everything will be fine, and like you said, it will be nice to be closer to friends and family. And I'm sure you'll keep in touch with your friends where you are now, they're only a phone call or e-mail away!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
Someone said that you should move every 7 year or you'll get stuck where you are another 7 years. We moved from our apartment and bought a house almost on the day 7 years. But I've been stuck in the same town a few times longer than 7 years, so it's been very exciting to move to a new town. Scary, but also fun!

I don't know anyone here yet, but i hope I'll find a few friends eventually. Rigth now I'm busy translating a book, so I'm more or less stuck at home anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

My bf has his interview today. Please say a prayer for us! We've been up pretty late the past few nights getting everything ready to go.

I'm feeling better about the possible move - even excited. I think my biggest problem is that I'm a planner and I am very impatient. I do not like to be without control of a situation.

Tina

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Cat Addict

Be sure to let us know how the interview went.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

The interview took 2 1/2 hours! I was so nervous all afternoon at work. He called right after, though, and said it was a walk in the park and that he thinks it went so long b/c it was going so well. They told him they are definitely interested; they have a few more interviews, and we should hear in the next week or two.

He has a very good feeling that he got the job. I just can't wait until we find out! I'm so proud of him.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Tina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page