SpongeBob being targeted - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

SpongeBob being targeted

Christian groups go after ‘SpongeBob’
Foundation says video promotes acceptance of homosexuality

Story on MSNBC

Do these people have nothing better to do? Granted, I've only seen the cartoon a couple of times, but I think there are more important things in the world that we can focus on... things much more important than the sexuality of cartoon characters.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Premier Cat

I love spongebob and so does my son.
If the character is actually in a video of some sort that is to unite people of all different cultures, beliefs, ethnicities and sexual orientation, I'm proud to say again, I LOVE spongebob. I can only hope that my son will grow up with a blind eye to these things and that when he chooses his friends and associates it will have nothing to do with any color of ones skin, religion they practice or partner they choose to be with.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddFran
I love spongebob and so does my son.
If the character is actually in a video of some sort that is to unite people of all different cultures, beliefs, ethnicities and sexual orientation, I'm proud to say again, I LOVE spongebob. I can only hope that my son will grow up with a blind eye to these things and that when he chooses his friends and associates it will have nothing to do with any color of ones skin, religion they practice or partner they choose to be with.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you!

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 02:35 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
The wacky square yellow SpongeBob is one of the stars of a music video due to be sent to 61,000 U.S. schools in March.
Unless all 61,000 of these schools are private, then the bizarre Christian groups can butt out. They have no place interjecting in a public school.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to DylansMummy Send a message via MSN to DylansMummy Send a message via Yahoo to DylansMummy
My boyfriend loves spongebob and he told me this all of about 30 mins ago and I just laughed!!! I am not religious, neither is my boyfriend and we both just thinks its ridiculous!
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
Absolutely ridiculous. People will always find something to complain about.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 06:45 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to KillerBlackCat06
well, im not exactly too fond of homosexuality(though i 100% respect it, as many of my friends and teachers are homosexual), i must say spongebob is a really great show and has excellent humor!...supposedly, spongebob's creators were going to stop making the show because a while back some kid drowned looking for him...i say, if you dont want your kids to see stuff like this, shut up complaining about it and dont let them watch it! sheesh! i dont like that we may all have to suffer because one person thinks its bad for everybody...if it was, would i be doing it? and even if it was, i should be able to decide for myself what is and what isnt for me...SPONGEBOB IS LEGENDARY! J'ADORE SPONGEBOB!

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for one day
Teach a man to fish, and he'll eat for a lifetime
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:01 PM
Cool Cat

Hmm...well, I just got back from the periodontist, so I have a face that's numb from chin to nose and I'm drooling on my keyboard, so maybe I shouldn't be operating heavy machinery or computers right now...

But come on! This is almost as stupid as the Bert & Ernie flap and the Teletubbies debacle a few years ago. I spent many pleasant hours watching Bert & Ernie when I was young, and I never once gave anything like that a second thought...when I got some weirdo in my face a few years back screaming at me that Bert and Ernie were "gay icons used to advance 'their' agenda," I was completely boondoggled.

Besides, I think the entire gay-spongebob thing is totally bogus anyhow. Speaking as someone who doesn't even have any straight friends, I can honestly say that everyone I know, when I asked them about it a couple of years ago, invariably just asked "What the heck is a Spongebob?" So much for gay icons...

I bet these people boycott Judy Garland movies, too.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Celeste_Eden Send a message via MSN to Celeste_Eden Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste_Eden
i was JUST listening to Bill O'reilly talk about this. he said that these groups need to pick their battles, because if you say that spongebob is trying to make americas children homosexual, 9 of 10 people wil say your nuts, and the next time you bring something up, more people will question your credibility. personally, i hate spongebob. i think it's a stupid cartoon, poorly animated, and just inanely idiotic, but i don't think it's got some kind of subliminal message to make children homosexual.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
wow...that's just sad. And that's really all i have to say on it. Sad.

<--Julia

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page