Stupid Blizzard! (Rant ahead...) - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to violina23
Stupid Blizzard! (Rant ahead...)

Ugh, I'm so frustrated! This weekend was supposed to be great. Dave (Finacee) was going to come in Friday night, We'd spend the night and the next morning together. Then we'd hop on a train to NYC mid afternoon and meet up with my musician friend Ken. Ken goes to NY Philharmonic concerts all the time (and I'd yell at him for not telling me so i could go with him!), and as a thank-you, they gave him complimentary tickets to one of a few selected concerts. This was months ago, and he had picked this weekend. So Dave and I were going to meet him at his stop (on the same train line), then we'd all continue to the city, have a nice dinner in Manhattan, then Dave would head home to the Bronx, Ken and I would see the concert, and then head back to Long Island.

Well, we thought we could brave a little snow. And we probably could have! That's why I was planning on taking the train from where I live, instead of driving a half hour to where he lives and taking the train from there. But a blizzard? usually the Long Island Rail Road will be able to run in most conditions, but a blizzard? It would most definitely be running really late if it was running at all, not to mention I wouldn't even want to drive the 5 miles from the train station to my apartment in the blizzard. So we decided it was a good idea to not go to teh concert. They were complementary tickets, so we aren't losing any money (they won't exchange them because they WERE complementary, so that kind of stinks).

So when Dave arrives on Friday, I explain the situation, and he agrees to stay the weekend instead of just until Saturday, and then he can go home Sunday after the storm. I said to him that they are expecting 10-18 inches of snow in the city alone, and more out in Suffolk County, but he seemed convinced that it would be okay by Sunday. Since I don't want to sit alone all weekend anyways, I have no problem with this plan.

So this morning we are woken up around 8:30 by his cell phone ringing. It's his mom saying basically exactly what I said. Dave has a job interview on Monday, and he wouldn't want to get stuck out on the Island. I can kinda hear her voice since I'm laying next to dave, and she sounds really irritated. So of course since his MOTHER says something, he decides to go for it. Now, I wasn't really mad about that, but then he says something like "Well yesterday you said it would be okay on Sunday". WHAT? I didn't say that! *He* said that to rationalize a reason to stay longer. Ugh. I was really miffed at him for that. I wanted him to make sure he tells his mother that *I* said the same thing, and that I wasn't selfishly trying to keep him longer despite the weather concerns.

So, I put him on a 9:50 train back to teh city, and now I'm stuck here, by myself, for the whole blizzard. Well, of course I have Kiera who is running around chirping right now, but still.... it was supposed to be such a FUN weekend...

*sigh*

Thanks for reading my rant... just had to get my frustration out (I called my mom to rant to her but she didn't answer the phone!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:55 AM
Cat Addict

I'm in teh blizzard right now, it's not too bad, yet.

...sorry it screwed up your plans, prolly won't even be that bad at all.

...man I can't believe I read all that.

-steve

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip
...man I can't believe I read all that. :
Sorry I made you read all that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 06:57 PM
Banned

Sometimes stuff happens we have no control over. We have a choice on how we react to it, though. We can concentrate on what a bummer it is, or we can find something else more pleasant. It's hard to do when we're in the middle of it. Sometimes a rant can get us through it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Yeah I'm feeling much better, I just needed to complain to someone for a little while, and my mom, who is the usual victim ( ) wasn't around.

At least I didn't lose any money!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page