Voting in the gallery - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Voting in the gallery

Please if you vote in the gallery please have the common courtesy to not vote on pictures if you give low marks. I think it is really rude to do that! Btw, does anyone know how I can delete the low marks? Do I have to upload the picture again?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
OK, not that I'm sure what you mean, but if you're asked to give marks, from lets say 1-5, why wouldn't people would be allowed to give low marks if they decide to mark all pictures?

Getting a bad review, or a critical comment can be a way to learn things. It doesn't mean people are rude.

Being a reviewer myself I know that low marks hurt, but it is also a way to change, if you get many low marks for one thing and very high marks for another. Best is of course if people comments why they give a low mark, then you will defineately learn from it.

Also being part of a few photo competitions, I've learnt a lot more from the photo's that didn't end up among the top 5 than from the ones in the top 5. That's because people comments and gives me a reason why they don't like my photo's. Sometimes I learn from it, sometimes I just ingore it, people don't understand my way of thinking.

So, my suggestion is: don't take it personally, it's just a mark. You don't win anything if you get high marks.... and you don't learn anything with too high marks.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Celeste_Eden Send a message via MSN to Celeste_Eden Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste_Eden
she means in the catforum picture gallery, where members can upload pictures of themselves and their cats, you can give pictures a rating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 12:46 PM
Premier Cat

Des, I'm not sure what you are upset about. I just looked in your gallery and I only noticed one picture of yours with a rating and it was 6.5. Which is above average. Not sure if they posted a comment that was mean or something, but other than that, what got you upset?

Personally, I think your cat in the snow pictures are the cutest thing ever. I've never seen a cat in the snow like that! However, if someone else didn't like them, I think they reserve the right to click on the number rating of their choice. I think they are nutso if they don't like those pics, but they still have the right to post it!

Maybe, what you got upset about is already deleted and if so, sorry for my rambling post.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Cat Addict

I agree - I have seen pictures that I don't find particularly cute etc and I just look at them and pass by, I have only really every voted for the ones I would give a 10 to because I thought they were so adorable that a comment had to be made.

Its slightly different with the sig pics which people vote on as they are peoples work and in some cases, people have asked the forum which one they prefer, but regardless, a lot of work goes in to making a sig - and even if its not the best sig on the forum, I congratulate you for trying to make your own.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2005, 02:28 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste_Eden
she means in the catforum picture gallery, where members can upload pictures of themselves and their cats, you can give pictures a rating.
Yes, I figured that out while I was typing... but I wasn't sure. And I stand for what I wrote about the ratings. If you can't take a low rating, don't post a picture. I doubt people will rate low just to be mean. But ask for comments, so you know WHY they want to rate them low.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I don't understand is why people give a low mark though . I mean skip the voting & don't vote or something. The voting is out of ten so if someone gave a 4 (That was the lowest I got . I got 2 of them!) then that is a low mark. I didn't see any 6.5 unless the person/people changed their minds or something. And if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say it at all. That's just all I'm saying. But you are right in that I shouldn't take it personally, but I'm very emotional when it comes to my Baby, maybe they thought it was out of 5, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt though. Thanks AddFran for your comments on my Baby btw!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:12 AM
Cat

I'm an art student...and alot of other people on this forum are artsy or artists etc.

I think its kind of a given when you put your work in a public place that it will be criticized. I don't think that in those pictures they are looking at Baby and rating her a 4 but more the photo layout in general.

Its hard to take criticism especially when it something you may love but it makes you stronger and better at photos, artwork etc.

I do beleive though that if someone is gonna rate something then they should give positive feedback on what they disliked, would change etc. because then you can grow from their criticism.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, I don't take too well to critizism so I'm putting the photos on photobucket instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page