Going for a second sleep study - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Going for a second sleep study

Has anyone had one before....?

Its such a weird thing. I had one in August and I only had to stay overnight but this weekend i'm staying overnight and all day the following day with all the stupid wires attached to my head.

We are getting closer and closer to a diagnosis.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Cat Addict

A friend of mine had it done last summer for his snoring -- he said it was really weird too. Do they tape you or is someone actually watching you? You are so vulnerable when you sleep -- I can't imagine it being good sleep if you knew subconsciously in your sleep that you were being watched.

Good luck on your diagnosis!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Cat

Ok the place I go has two people there at one time. I like it better than a hospital cause its more private. They put you in a room thats all furnished like a bedroom, hook you up to about 50 wires and then monitor everything in your body all night...breathing patterns, heart rate, and how long you are in REM sleep. There is a video camera taping you and the tech looks over when you are doing anything weird like kicking etc and makes notes all night long.

It is a very vunerable feeling, but at least the lady where I go is really nice and sympathtic to the situation

I have been sick for over 3 years with no progress after seeing about 15 drs they are now at a point where they think part of it could be narcolepsy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:32 AM
Cool Cat

whats wrong with your sleeping?

-faile

artistry by ForJazz
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I sleep every minute of the day I can....and I wake up feeling exhausted

Its gotten worse and worse and i'm to the point now where I give up things I love in order to sleep

I slept one weekend from 2am-11:30am was up till 1pm and slept till 5pm with no problems at all, if I could I would stay in bed all day.

I have to take a nap to get through the day [/u]

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Cool Cat

i had a regular who used to come into my coffee shop and get a 5 shot latte. a shot for each of her kids she used to say. anyway, she was always exhausted and sleepy. she finally went to the doctor, he said it was narcolepsy, put her on some drugs, and now she doesn't need the coffee anymore.

so maybe it is narcolepsy.

-faile

artistry by ForJazz
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 01:45 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
I sleep whenever I can too. I sleep a full 8 hours at night then I come home from work and sleep for 5 hours, awake for 2, then back to bed.
I only do this when I feel a flare up from my Fibromyalgia coming on. My doctor said it's attributed to chronic fatigue syndrome which I also have.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 02:07 AM Thread Starter
Cat

I have been tested for that several times but they are hesitant to call it that because I have blood work that comes back bad and usually with fibro you don't have any problems with blood work.

Lupus has been a possibility but so far ruled out.

Many other auto-immune tests have been done but nothing yet, very frustrating

They thought for a long time that I had Chronic Fatigue and wasn't going in to rem sleep they put me on many different anti-depressants to help with sleep along with ambien which i had a severe reaction to. In the end after finally doing a sleep study they found it wasn't that....

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 02:08 AM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyBelly
with ambien which i had a severe reaction to.
Worst night of my life.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Tom Cat

Sounds like hypersomnia to me. Then again there's a lot of sleep disorders. I have this problem myself, but I think I'm just phase-shifted. Trying to correct the problem now in fact.

How'd you get a doctor and insurance to cover it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page