My shelter babies... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
My shelter babies...

Okay, with all this talk of bunnies and hamsters and such, I figured I just had to post pictures of a few of the animals I care for at the shelter:

(if it was possible, they'd all be mine in a heartbeat...)

This guy's one of my favorites, just the cutest lil' bit His name's Moochie, and his previous owners surrendered him because he chewed. Duh! He's got a bit of an attitude, but that's probably because he's still adjusting to the rather abrupt change of environment.

Patches is a total mush, and falls to pieces for a nose rub:

Oreo 1 was brought in because her family was "moving". She's underweight, poorly socialized, and in bad need of a brushing. We're still working on her...

Oreo 2 is a shy little guy whose personality hasn't quite emerged yet. We'll see what a few Craisins can do :

This is Licorice in his old cage, he's actually in one of the small dog kennels now (no dogs around, don't worry). He needed more space because he is one spunky bunny! Run, run, run, stop to circle my feet, and then run some more. Needless to say, I don't have a lot of time to sit and pet him, he just won't stay still!

Flora was removed from a neglectful situation. She's in pretty good shape now, and she's a very laidback and sweet girl.

Bunnitude, thy name is Magic. He's actually not too bad, no aggression or anything. But he is territorial and not too friendly with people. I think the lack of his own space at the shelter and having all the other bunnies around is freaking him a little, he really needs a home where he can settle down.

This is Ashes, a very sweet and pretty mellow little guy. Last I checked, his pasteurella cultures were not back yet so he was still in isolation. I'm gonna spend a little more time with him this week, he really needs some groomin' and lovin'. He actually started honking at me and running back and forth because I stopped petting him

And just this past Thursday I had to swing by the shelter for something, and we had 2 new bunnies! Duke (sandy/golden) and Daisy (black/silver ticked) are two mini-lop mixes that were dropped off together because their "owners" (using that term as loosely as possible) "no longer wanted them". They're pretty young, and super sweet! Duke even gave me kisses

In addition, we have two bunnies at "satellite" locations (pet stores). Bumble and Peter:

This is Rodney, he really loves his noserubs...

Here's one of our many rats:

We also have lots and lots of mice...

And ferrets - one male pair, and one female pair:

That's just a few of the small animals I work with. I don't take care of the dogs or cats, but one of the long-term resident cats has a big cage in the lobby, so I get to see her a lot. Her name's Carolina, she's older and she has a few health problems. But we're hoping someone will want to give her a forever home soon:

Those are my other babies *ssshhh, don't tell the girls...*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
Duke is the cutest rabbit I have ever seen. I want him!!!!

All of those animals are BEAUTIFUL.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Everyone seems to adore the Dukester, I hope he'll find a home really soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 08:47 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
They are all so cute! I like Flora - she's got really neat colors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-30-2005, 09:48 PM
Banned

They are all so cute! Carolina looks like your Miko!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, so many animals. I hope they all find forever homes soon, they're all so cute to see
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Banned

I had to laugh when you said Duke & Daisy are 'mini-lop mixes' - they both look ENORMOUS!!!!

My friend just got herself a 5m old blue British Giant rabbit, he's adorable, and a great housemate!

Ems x
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I love bunnies!! Hopefully when I go back tomorrow someone will have been adopted this weekend *fingers crossed*

(btw, "mini-lop" is not referring to their size, but their ear length. A "mini" lop has ears that are small compared to other lops like, say, the English or French Something I learned when I adopted my not-so-mini "mini lop" )
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemonkey
(btw, "mini-lop" is not referring to their size, but their ear length. A "mini" lop has ears that are small compared to other lops like, say, the English or French Something I learned when I adopted my not-so-mini "mini lop" )
Ah! Well, you learn something new everyday! So a 'mini-lop' has small ears, and a 'lop' has long ears? so would a drawf with small ears would be a 'dwarf mini-lop'?! Thanks!

I will post a pic of the British Giant later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page