Planning a Baby Shower! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Planning a Baby Shower!

I am so excited...my best friend is pregnant and me and my mom are throwing her shower. We LOVE to throw showers and parties....but i'm wondering has anyone seen any unique ideas at showers....

We haven't done a baby shower in a long time so i'm kinda just looking to see what others are doing!!

Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 01:58 AM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Tonkmom64 did one awhile back, and probably has some great tips!

There was also this thread, with lots of good (and some different) game ideas:
Does anyone have a good baby shower game?

Good Luck - they are so much fun!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Cat Addict

I just co-hosted a joint shower (for 2 moms) last weekend. The other host held it at her home since I am from out of town.

Some things we had:

* Little mints in baby shapes - carriages, teddy bears, bottles, etc.

* A diaper cake decorated with a bottle, diaper pins, and other baby shower party accessories. We used it for a centerpiece, and then the moms-to-be split it and took it home. Below is an example I found online.

* Balloon babies centerpieces - they were made out of several blue balloons and had a diaper on them... so cute! I don't know where she got the idea for this. I'll keep looking around online.

We also played some games. I have a nursery rhyme game, baby scramble and gift bingo cards if you want to use any of them. I created them, so I could give you pdfs to use if you'd like.

Oh, and we also had a blue punch with vanilla ice cream in it that slowly melted and gave the appearance of clouds. It tasted yummy!

Tina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 10:00 AM Thread Starter
Cat

mismodliz Thanks!!

These are some great ideas, I have been looking for some "new" things... I think we are going to have a theme to go off of.

I would love those games if you don't mind. The "cakes" of baby stuff is really cute!

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Tom Cat

Everyone here was so helpful when I was planning that shower

I have to say all the guest's favorite game was the one where I would call out a random item (safety pin, 2004 penny, nail file, etc.) and whoever could produce it first won a prize. I really enjoyed watching 20 women tear through their purses at top speed

The prizes were a varied assortment of lotions, stationary, candy, candles, etc. I had wrapped them in white tissue paper and blue tulle.
Then I put them in a large container and let the winner choose her prize. If you live near a Michael's, they usually have good $1 things there.

artwork by ForJazz

It's my cat's world, I'm just here to open the cans.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Cat Addict

If you have one in your area, we used Bath & Body Works for prizes. They are having their 5 for $25 sale, and so we picked up shower gel from there and loofas from Dollar Tree.

Tina

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Cat

Thank for all the ideas!!

I am so happy to be doing this for her. She lost her mom this summer to cancer and since then has gotten married and is now pregnant . We are very close friends and each of our moms are like second moms. She was gonna plan her own and I said NO WAY....so finally she let me and my mom do it. My mom said "Grandmas-to-be are supposed to do this"

We are going to have a theme dependant on what she is having.

I am thinking right now of making a design for a picture mat with something about the baby or such on it and then making prints of it with my new printing press....We could then put it in frames and send a picture of the baby with the thank you to go in the frame??

I would like to do something to remember her mom, either on the invitation or something.....any ideas?

This is my first friend to get married, get pregnant etc... this is so exciting!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page