Just shows sueing has gone too far. - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:03 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Just shows sueing has gone too far.

http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,141 ... 38,00.html

Here in cornwall (uk) we nearly lost the biggest agricultural event that happens in the year because of insurance and sueing, makes me sick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
What a horrible person, that lady is.

And what is it with the youth of today? Delivering free cookies to perfect strangers.
How dare they?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:45 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I'm sorry but that's just sick. I don't understand why that woman made such a big deal of it, when the gesture was obviously one of good nature and intent. So what, she got a little scared, when you realised there were COOKIES at the door, there was obvioulsy no threat to you or your family, relax and enjoy them! Wow. That's really sad.

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Superkitties Send a message via MSN to Superkitties
You have GOT to be kidding! What a freaking woman. Why on earth would she make such a big deal about it, especially seeing that she was not alone? They already offered to pay her medical bill, sounds like she was just out for more cash. Nasty horrible woman.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
i think the worst part of it isn't that she sued them, but that she WON! I mean really, how thick does a judge have to be to side with her?! Would HE have been scared of two teenage girls dropping free cookies on his porch? And I'm sorry, but to most young people, 10:30 isn't late.

<--Julia

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 01:57 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillasugar
Would HE have been scared of two teenage girls dropping free cookies on his porch? And I'm sorry, but to most young people, 10:30 isn't late.
What kills me, is she had her 18 year old daughter at home with her! WTH, I suppose her daughter was terrified, too? - 20 Bucks says her own kid hates her after this.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 02:03 PM
Banned

until we get some politicians who AREN'T also lawyers, this is only likely to get worse.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 03:33 PM
Premier Cat

That is really sad. People will sue over anything and everything.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Premier Cat

What a petty petty woman. She is so lame, and you know she was only out for more money since she wouldn't just accept the medical bills. What the heck kind of judge rules this in her favor too, he is crazy too
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 11:15 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Celeste_Eden Send a message via MSN to Celeste_Eden Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste_Eden
i heard about that on the radio. that's really pathetic. here in the US, they've changed the laws so that you have to pay taxes on whatever money you win in court. so lets say you win a lawsuit for 1 million, you automatically pay the court half, 500,000, then you pay lawyer fees of about 400,000, which leaves you about 100,000, which seriously decreases the effectiveness of frivolous lawsuits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page