Food you used to love... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Food you used to love...

Anyone have a particular food that they just loved and coudln't get enough of but now just hate it??

I used to love sunflower seeds but ate too much one time and ever since then I can't even stand the site of them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
There's always the obvious childhood foods, the ones that are just wrong now:
I used to love Kraft Mac & Cheese, but it's too flavorless for me now.
I've also been told I liked Spam and Spaghettios as a kid, but I swear I can't remember enjoying them, and I sure as heck wouldn't touch them now.
Koolaid has never tasted the same.

As far as just wearing out - I used to eat bologna sandwhiches a lot, but can't stand it now. And cottage cheese, too. Oh, and sour cream and onion potato chips - and cool ranch doritos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 02:34 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to JackieT
Hamburger Helper--------- when my husband & I first got married we were broke-- & all we could afford was hamburger helper,--- had it like 5-6 days a week.... I grew to like it---- but now,,, I can't stand it! Will NEVER EVER EAT IT AGAIN--- my mom tells me they make some good varieties now--- oh well-- i will have to live my life without knowing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 02:47 PM
Senior Cat

processed cheese
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Premier Cat

Beetroot, use to love it, I hate it now
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Cat

Ham and American cheese sandwiches. And PB&J. My mom packed that for our school lunch every day when I was in Kindergarden through 8th grade. I can eat PB&J now, but I still steer clear from ham & cheese (unless it's grilled with white American cheese).
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Cat

Lasagna. I used to LOVE it as a kid. Now I absolutely must be in the mood for it or I can't stomach it. Wierdly, I love pasta. Used to hate all but lasagna but now a good raviloi with creamy sauce has me salivating!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to BaileyAndSammi
Blinkin Cat, I'm with you. I used to love processed cheese (Kraft slices, fast food cheese, cheese in a can, etc) but now I find it revolting.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Cat Addict

Ramen noodles.

Anything with ricotta cheese.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 12:22 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Celeste_Eden Send a message via MSN to Celeste_Eden Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste_Eden
i dunno. i was REALLY picky as a kid. i wouldn't touch anything that even contained onions, mushrooms, spinnach, or chunks of stewed tomatoes or raw tomatoes. but now i like onions, so long as they are cooked and chopped in relitively small pieces (about 1/4") i'm still not a huge fan of mushrooms, but i ate some the other night that came in this stirfry mix and they weren't bad. still don't like tomatoes though.

but there's not much that i liked as a kid and hate now. when i was a kid, i hated bolognia, american cheese.....oh! i know. i used to like to eat raw hotdogs. now i will only eat them if they're grilled. i still hate bolognia, and i still hate american cheese (i will only eat REAL cheese, that has been cultured and aged) i like PBandJ about the same as i did when i was a kid, sort of like it if i'm in the mood, but i prefer PB and honey instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page