WTH - this is one resourceful kid ... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to jessamica8
WTH - this is one resourceful kid ...

and one irresponsible mom

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...t/young_driver

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ Jessica, Jax, Tilak & Harley~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 11:49 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Wow. Something really should be done about that mother though...

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 AM
Cool Cat

that kid is my hero.

-faile

artistry by ForJazz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 01:37 AM
Cool Cat

I dunno... sometimes kids are really good escape artists. If she was asleep he could slip out the door easily. Anyone else have their children walk out the door? Me and my sister and brother's did.

I got outside and walked to my aunt's (family friend) house. I think my sister ran off to my grandmother's house when she was little. My brother walked out the door naked (he was still young... so forgive him), got on his trike and peddled down two blocks. I think my other brother broke out of the beach house we were staying at for vacation.

We all were found shortly thereafter of course (I think my sister and I were the longest) - then again we decided to leave during the day and not during night like this kid.

And I want to tell you! My mother and father all but smothered us! I think they were usually taking a bath and the other needed to step into the next room for a bit. A lot can happen in a few minutes!

Aimee aka "Kitty"
"Not all who wander are lost." -Tolkien
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Jr. Cat

I dont think fingers should be pointed at the mother right away. I remeber being a little kid and steering my dads truck down back roads. I didnt get the idea to steal his truck and drive it to get a movie. I'm sure the mom wasnt like heres the keys take it out for a spin Billy. He snuck out of the house and took the car. Just short of tying your kid to their bed frame, you sleep during the night while your four year old child sleeps too. Not many mothers of tots go to bed wondering if their child is going to steal their car! Its like your cat got up and decided he was going to take the go kart for a spin. How would you even begin to fathom that?

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
It was past midnight, and everyone was (supposed to be, at least) asleep, so I don't think the mother should be held responsible. Do you really assume that your four year-old is going to know how to unlock the door, go down to the car, start it, and drive to the video store? I can only imagine what it'd be like to be awoken by the police who tell you your son did just that
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:17 AM
Premier Cat

Well, who the HECK teaches their four year old to drive anyway? The article says she sat him on her lap and tought him how to drive. Does she think that's so cute...now?
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to spacemonkey Send a message via Yahoo to spacemonkey
I don't think he was doing a lot of shifting and acceleration My dad used to sit me on his lap all the time, have control of the gas, brakes, and his hands along with mine on the steering wheel, and let me "drive" down our street (rural street, btw).
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Premier Cat

Regardless, it's a BAD idea. Look what can happen. And, he did make it 1/4 mile to the gas station.

As for the kid getting out of the house, I do think that could happen to anyone, the woman does have to sleep.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Premier Cat

All I can say is WOW!

Our 3 year old girl was having some night walking.....so what we did was put a latch hook on the outside of the bedroom door. So at night....if she tries to leave her bedroom she cant. Works like a charm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page