Online Buying Lesson - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Online Buying Lesson

Ok so on Jan. 12th I bought a book that I needed for class online since it was cheap and I didn't really need the book till early February. I didn't even bother to look up if they had a good rating on Amazon b/c regardless I would still probably buy the book. They may just of started selling online or whatever to not have a rating.

I basically gave her 3 weeks for me to receive the book. She didn't have to ship it out right after payment (which I always do) and she could of used the slowest snail mail and it could of took 2 weeks. Even when I snail mail stuff that I send to my Ebay customers it might take 2 weeks max.

On February 7th I still didn't receive the book so I had to go to the bookstore and pay for it full price. I looked up their rating and she had no ratings! Ok so I email her and say where's the tracking #? She says she doesn't have one so I email her back asking when she shipped it out. She doesn't reply for 2-3 days and the reply back was "I told you I don't have a tracking #". Well that's not what I asked is it. I asked when you shipped it out.

Ok so I got mad, wanted a complete refund and she said ok. Well I got the refund but she didn't refund the shipping. It's not the point of the $5 but I really feel jipped b/c I don't think I should be paying for $5 shipping for something that I still have not received.

Did she even send out the book? I mean she never gave me the date when I asked her again in the email, she just said I'll refund you.

My bf always says "Do they have good ratings? Only buy from people with good ratings". I'm kinda stubborn sometimes but now I will always look at this b/c this is not the first time it has happened. Just a warning for you guys out there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to Celeste_Eden Send a message via MSN to Celeste_Eden Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste_Eden
once, i ordered some African Turbo shells from hermits-direct.com the guy who ran the website posted on the HCA boards. others said it was a good place to go and it was much cheaper than anywhere else. so i ordered them. a day or two later i get an email saying they are out of stock, they're getting more in on thursday, he will ship them out friday. no problem. i wait a week after the date he's supposed to ship them. no tracking number. so i email again asking what's the hold up? he says that every time he tries to pring out my address onto the labels, the computer says it's invalid. i email him my address again. another week and nothing. i send several more emails, and get no responses.

3 months later. i post a topic on the HCA boards warning everyone not to buy from him and outline my expirience. the same day, he posts on the thread asking me to email him again with my address and he'll get it cleared away. i did finally get my shells, but it took way too much effort and time on my part to get them.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Banned

yeah, I hope you post a bad rating for the person who screwed you. I always pay real close attention to the ratings. but it's not fail-safe.

once I bought something from someone who had good ratings, but immediately I started getting spam, and there was something peculiar in the spam that I could trace to this vendor, so I posted a comment about it in his ratings, and he called me, hopping mad, wanting to know how I figured out it was him!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:35 PM
Cat Addict

I got ripped the first time I bought something from a seller on Amazon.com. (Long story short, they sent me the wrong DVD.. something I already had and the seller never emailed me once.) I was pretty angry and tried to get Amazon involved but they sent me a generic copy/paste email and never answered my replies. Needless to say I've never used an Amazon Z-Shop again.. I still use regular Amazon.

EBay is really good about forcing refunds and what-not, in fact you have to be careful as a seller because they almost always take the buyers word...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page