Oh Please stop it! NO more Harry Potter threads! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
Oh Please stop it! NO more Harry Potter threads!

Honestly, I mean it. I LOVE Harry Potter and all these threds about the new book is killing me. I'm soo dying to read them, but I don't dare to, since I might find out more than I need, before I get my hands on a book. So pleaaaaaaase... no more threads that's tempting me.

Ooooooops, just realized I started one... but NO spoilers are allowed in this thread or I'll ask Jeanie to remove it... Not a word.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Banned

Oops, I just realized I totally misread your thread, so I deleted my original comment. Never mind!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
lol, i agree
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Cat Addict

We started our son on Harry Potter right after he turned seven.

OMG IM TEH EBIL! Hee!

He's read the books dozens of times, and even started writing his own reference guide to the spells and potions. Name, effect, ingredients, and page numbers. He makes me so proud.

And hey, at least I have a number of books on Wicca (being Pagan myself), if he's genuinely interested. I don't think he will be, though, seeing as how spells and like incantations are utterly fake and are, therefore, pretty darn meaningless to a child of nine. Books on Wicca are awfully dry - no more interesting than the Bible or any other religious text. No fun.

(Well, this reply makes no sense, since Willow edited their post. Just pretend it was prefaced by a post about how Harry Potter is bad for kids because it makes them want to be witches. Then it makes sense.)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Cat Addict

Anyhow.... GET THE BOOK, CyberPet! And whatever you do, avoid spoilers. Omigosh, they'll ruin it for you. I actually got offline as of yesterday, refusing to come back on until I was done reading.

After I finished the book this afternoon, I went back and found the spoilers that are floating around. Lots of them were wrong, but some were not. Not worth the risk.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Cat Addict

Petra -
Did you have one reserved? When do you think you can get a hold of a copy? I saw a news story tonight about people waiting all night in line. I am so lucky to have found a copy so easily. I hope you get your book soon! Then we can have a discussion thread about it. Well, maybe we should have several... LOL. I don't want to read any spoilers either!!!

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 12:12 AM
Jr. Cat

Send a message via AIM to hadla Send a message via Yahoo to hadla
yes, please stop, i cant stand him.

DON'T TOUCH ME, I'M STERILE! -Pat from Spongebob
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:12 AM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I'm going crazy trying to avoid the spoilers as well... I didn't pre-order a copy for financial budgeting reasons, and have to wait until I can afford it before getting one (by the end of the month for SURE, but the extra vet bills have made things tight). It's SOOOO hard to avoid spoilers for so long!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to CyberPet
No, I haven't pre-ordred one. I've been so busy with other things that it totally slipped my mind. Then a friend said she had picked her book up yesterday, so I had to throw myself on her and tell her to shut up.

I'm going to see if I can find a store that might have it today, if not I'll have to order it online (takes a week).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page