To all the "Young & The Restless" & " - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

To all the "Young & The Restless" & "

Hey there! Up until about 8 years ago or so I was a diehard, couldn't miss a day, Y&R freak. Well, my job, etc., etc., got in the way of keeping up with things and now that I'm a stay-at-home mom I've had a chance to catch up with Y&R and start following it again.

I'm a little confused on a few things, though, and would appreciate if anybody could get me back on track as to what's going on.

1) What's the deal with Bobby Marsino? How/when/where did he come into the picture? He supposedly knows Nikki Newman from something previous but what's the connection? I kind of find his character intriguing in a way, yet a little freaky and uncertain because of his shaded past.

2) Where did Gloria come into John Abbott's life? She is so offbeat, IMO. She just doesn't seem to fit into that kind of lifestyle. She's a little too tacky for it.

3) I've completely missed what the deal is with Kevin Fisher and why he isn't liked at all by the Abbott family. I understand now how Gloria is mom to both Kevin Fisher and Michael Baldwin but I just want to know what Kevin's story is.

As another aside, does anybody follow Guiding Light? What's up with the whole deal with Alan Spaulding having killed Phillip. I was taken aback so much when I started watching GL again because the last time I watched Phillip was married to the gal who plays the female lead on CSI:NY (I forget the character name). It was kind of a shock to discover that Harley had found her way into the weird and whacky Spaulding family. I always thought Harley was smarter than that. Of course, now she's involved with Gus (whom I've figured out is Phillip's brother but don't remember him from 8-10 years ago either!). I'm so tired of the Cassie-Edmund, Cassie-Jeffrey, Dinah-Edmund thing. It's so worn out and I just wish they'd make a decision on that love triangle thing and end it.

Well, I gotta get going. Thanks in advance if you can help catch me up on the soaps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 11:09 AM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to SammyO
Re: Calling all "Young & The Restless" fans...

My goodness, you are behind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndkittymom
1) What's the deal with Bobby Marsino? How/when/where did he come into the picture? He supposedly knows Nikki Newman from something previous but what's the connection? I kind of find his character intriguing in a way, yet a little freaky and uncertain because of his shaded past.
Bobbi Marsino started off being a strip club owner. I am not sure why he came about but Britney started stripping there until she got electricuted by someone (still not sure who) on her stripper pole. Britney fell for Bobbi and they turned the strip club into a caberray (probably not the right spelling but it was supposed to be a singing bar not a strip club) Nicky Newman got into the picture because she knew Bobbi back from her Stripper days, she hosted the Caberray, Britney was the main entertainer (singer). Well the bar didn't do well so it closed but Bobbi has a lot of "mob" friends who are causing him trouble, as he used to be "one of them". There is a bit more too it but I would be here all day typing!

Quote:
2) Where did Gloria come into John Abbott's life? She is so offbeat, IMO. She just doesn't seem to fit into that kind of lifestyle. She's a little too tacky for it.
Gloria is the mother of Kevin Fisher and Micheal Baldwin. Kevin and Micheal are half brothers. Gloria came into the picture slightly after Kevin and somehow managed to meed John Abbot. Gloria used to be played by Joan Van Ark, she was a better gloria because she looked way more trashy. Gloria married John without telling him who her sons are. The reason being the Abbots don't like Micheal because he helped Victor put Jabot into the ground, almost causing them to claim bankruptcy until Catherine bought Jabot, which is now run by Jack and Jill. Kevin has a history with John's granddaughter Colleen. After the wedding Ashley found out about Gloria and who she really is so Gloria was forced to tell John about her sons. She has been trying to get her marriage back together ever since.

Quote:
3) I've completely missed what the deal is with Kevin Fisher and why he isn't liked at all by the Abbott family. I understand now how Gloria is mom to both Kevin Fisher and Michael Baldwin but I just want to know what Kevin's story is.
Kevin Fisher is a long story. He came into the picture because he was dating Lily Winters online. He was pretty mental when he first came on the show. He forced Lily to have sex with him and was up for charges because she was under age and he gave her an STD. At the time Colleen was best friends with Lily so she was giving Kevin a hard time. He decided to lock her in the meat fridge at Gina's restaurant and then burn the place down. Colleen lived but the Abbots always believed it was Kevin. Kevin has denied it and they never convicted him either. Since then he fell for Lauren because she was one of the only people nice to him. She helped get him councilling so Kevin's whole new story line is trying to convince people he has changed when so many people hate him. Kevin Fisher is seen as the "bad kid" in town. He has a string of bad luck with women. Lauren obviously was not interested as now she is engaged to Micheal. He also feel for Mack but Mack loves JT. Kevin tried to rectify his image by hooking up with Daniel and staging a rescue by helping Lily after she was drugged by some guy they paid. So Kevin became a hero for saving her and slowly people are starting to think better of him. Unfortunately Daniel has a bad rap for hanging out with Kevin so of course he is dirt and everyone things it's true that he killed Cassey Newman in a drunk driving accident. Only Cassey was the one driving as she has a crush on Daniel and she decided to drive him home because him and his mother were staying at the ranch.

Any other questions?
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyO
My goodness, you are behind!

Any other questions?
Yep, I was quite a ways behind! I've been watching again since about January or so, so I've pretty much figured out most of what you had explained except I had no idea that Nikki Newman used to be a stripper - OMG! What secrets people don't hide in their closets, huh?

How is it that Nikki ended up being responsible for Bobby's brother's death? I haven't pieced that one together either.

Forgive me for possibly being absent-minded but who is Colleen? Am I not paying enough attention to the show that I'm completely missing one of the characters. I've heard her name mentioned before but I don't believe I've ever seen her face. She must be a granddaughter to John Abbott because I think he's mentioned her in that light before as far as why he hates Kevin but that's all I know.

Well, thanks for the scoop on Y&R. Now at least a lot more of the Bobby Marsino story makes sense to me. I knew he was the strip club owner and that's how he and Britney met but I didn't know Nikki knew him from before.

Hey, if there's anybody who can still catch me up on Guiding Light - please, have at it!

EDITED FOR THIS: I full completely aweful about the Daniel Romalotti situation. I hope they can do enough investigation to prove it was Cassie driving. Wouldn't it be aweful to be in jail for vehicular homicide when you didn't do the driving? He seems like such a good kid but, then again, I've heard other stories that he wasn't so good in the days when he used to hang with Kevin Fisher, but that still doesn't mean he deserves prison for Cassie's death, IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
had no idea that Nikki Newman used to be a stripper - OMG! What secrets people don't hide in their closets, huh?
This is how Victor and Nicki met...Victor was at the strip club.

Quote:
How is it that Nikki ended up being responsible for Bobby's brother's death? I haven't pieced that one together either.
Nicki accidently shot him after her 5 or 6 year old birthday party,
her parents hid the body and Bobby's family thought he disappeared.
Nicki started having flashbacks and hired Paul to investigate the missing boy. They learned the little boy was Bobbi's brother.

Quote:
Forgive me for possibly being absent-minded but who is Colleen?
Colleen is the daugter of Brad Carlton and Tracy Abbot. Colleen had lived with her mother and new husband in New York...so she has been on and off of the show. I love her character and wish they would bring her back again!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

This is soooo much fun getting the "skinny" on everything I've missed over the last 10 years or so!

You know, I don't remember the Colleen character at all but I do remember Tracy Abbot. I miss her too! She always seemed so nice, not like Ashley. That woman bugs me!

You know, after I quit watching soaps when I got my first job I swore I would never get hooked again 'cuz they can be so cheap and dumb. Well, then I had kids and staying at home all day with infants a woman has to find something with adult material in it to entertain herself. After all, one can only take so much "Dora The Explorer," "Blue's Clues," etc., etc. Right??

Thanks for everything. I'm still hoping somebody who watches "Guiding Light" can tell me what's up there.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:08 PM
Premier Cat

I LOVE Young and the Restless....did I mention that I LOVE the show!
I think it has the best screen sets and acting compared to the other soap operas.
I think the men are GORGEOUS too!
I started watching the show almost 25 years ago...it is the only daytime drama that I watch!
At my house it is referred to as "Holy Hour"

Did I tell you yet that I LOVE the show! heheheeee!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
I LOVE Young and the Restless...At my house it is referred to as "Holy Hour"
That's too funny! You know, when I was growing up and especially once I'd reached high school all the girls were talking about "Days Of Our Lives." It was always Days this, Days that. I got so tired of hearing about it!

I grew up with a stay-at-home mom who watched all the CBS Soaps. Y&R seems to be the most realistic, least far-fetched of any daytime soap I've seen. B&B bugs the heck out of me. I think all those people need some kind of adjustment. I used to watch "As The World Turns" a lot but then I tried picking up on it again after my kids were born and I don't like where that's going now either. Now, "Guiding Light" on the other hand, there's the only other soap I follow. It does seem a little far-fetched sometimes as well but I think the writing is so good in it and there's a few actors who are really believable so it keeps me coming back.

Thanks again!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 03:38 PM
Premier Cat

From time to time they link Y&R to B&B....
I hate when they do that....
they link them through Lauren Fenmore
and the Forrester Clothing stuff!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
From time to time they link Y&R to B&B....
I hate when they do that....
Yep, I know what ya' mean. I don't like B&B at all. Stephanie is enough to make me scream!

Have you noticed lately they've brought up Scotti (Lauren's son) on Y&R? I have this funny feeling Sheila is gonna be back in the picture pretty soon.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-18-2005, 09:12 AM
Premier Cat

Oh Oh Sheila....I loved to hate her!

Talk about a memory lapse......I cant remember Lauren having a child.
That was Sheila's baby...but Michael Baldwin keeps doing internet
searches for Laurens child??? I dont get it.

Hey perfect couple...Sheila and TOM!
That would make a great story line!

I am beginning to think we are the only few who watch the show...
cant really be possible can it???
I really thought that "Holy Hour" was worldwide!
"Come ON People!!!" LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page