Help....Medical Bills! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Help....Medical Bills!

I am so stressed out! I have to sort out all these medical bills.
Not only that but the servicing providers are repeatedly billing the wrong insurance carrier....
so I keep getting all these bills, I keep making phone calls,
and I feel like crying!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

Yeah, I know that frustration. I wish we could bill them for the time we put in correcting their errors!!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by timskitties
Yeah, I know that frustration. I wish we could bill them for the time we put in correcting their errors!!
My mom threatened to do that one time after she had already called about 3 times to get the same problem sorted out and it was still not taken care of. After she told them that, it got taken care of.

Shannon
Loving her cat Stormy and missing her angel cat Justin 1-13-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Cool Cat

(((((((hugs))))))) Dawn.

I am sorry the dang bills are stressing you out. Nothing like bureaucracy to get you going is there??

I can never understand why everything has to be so complicated and why it is sooo hard to fix other peoples mistakes!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Hubby has medical bills due at about 4 different clinics.
He is on Medicare Disability...yet they continue to bill
Wisconsin Medical Assistance!

Me and the new baby also have medical bills
at 3 different clinics....We both have ChampVA.
Yet they continue to bill ChampUS.

I actually did have an argument with someone in billing
about ChampUS and ChampVA.
She was being a "you know what" trying to convince me
that they are the same. I finally gave up the argument because
I did not have my Insurance card with me at the time,
this was the day after the baby was born and I really was not
up for the debate at the moment.
Since then I have called someone superior to her...
I have not yet receieved a new billing on that account to know if they finally got it correct or not! GEESH!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 06:54 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Red tape is a total pain, and know it all "know nothings" are worse. I hope they soon get this mess cleaned up, Dawn!

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to JackieT
I can totally relate to the medical stress nightmare.

I had been with Cigna before, and let me tell you, it was the biggest stressfactory I have EVER been through! They would deny me getting authorized referrals, even though I have the copy with THEIR LETTERHEAD in my hands. They would refuse to honor billing from a certain hospital in my town, saying the hospital is double billing, or they would try to charge me like it was a PPO, when I specifically had HMO-- the co-pay being $50, but wanting me to pay hundreds more. I always loved when they would pay my physician, but try to make me pay an additional $15 claiming it was for co-payment, when I had in fact paid the copayment. It got to the point I would be soo scared to go to the doctor or golly fobid the hospital.

When my husband left his company in April2004, we got cobra immediately, to NOT allow a lapse. Well, on Mother's Day 2004 I had a very bad case of food poisoning that triggered another medical illness I had, causing me to be in hospital for a few days... It took me6 months fighting with Cigna to pay that bill. They tried every weasely thing to get out of the bill.

Now I have HPN, and I never had to deal with the same kind of stress-factors with them.... but just got a call from a collection agency--- that I had 30 days to settle my unpaid bill from March 14th, 2005, otherwise would affect my credit. I was shocked because I had not once received a bill from the Lab company in question, not one phone call, or not one piece of mail from my insurance. I have learned in the past to NEVER deal with collections, deal with the company in question first--- collection will affect your credit score BIGTIMEBAD, sometimes even when they say it won't-- they lie-- it will.
So I called the Lab people up, turned out they said they sent 3 different bills to my house, all were returned. They also billed my OLd insurance, and old insurance denied claim--(of course.) Both of these things REALLY ticked me off-- when I went into the Lab, I handed these people my license and insurance card, both of which were photocopied. And that had been my 3rd time being there since new insurance started. What I found was strange was the lab people never once made attempt to call me to clarify address, or to get account paid, and the customer service lady even said that was quite odd. The customer service lady with the Lab said she would contact the collections to stop their process, and she said that it was a nonreporting collections agency... whatever... there is no such thing, and why would Collections say that to me?????
Hopefully this all would be resolved and not affect my credit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page