? on handling eBay purchase that seems to be a farce... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

? on handling eBay purchase that seems to be a farce...

On May 29th I got on eBay and got 2 Bumbo seats (they're booster-seat type things for infants who aren't quite able to sit up on their own yet) on a Buy Now option.

I paid for them through PayPal and have yet to see them delivered to my doorstep.

The person I was buying them from gave a description on the auction saying that a new shipment of these seats was to be coming in by June 1st so they would be shipped out after that. Well, here we are into the middle of July and, like I said, I've gotten nothing yet so I contacted her by e-mail and asked what's up. She said that she didn't have the seats available in the colors that I wanted so I'd either have to wait a little longer or she would give me a different color. So I chose an alternate color. This all transpired on July 11th. She told me she would ship them out on July 12th and that they should be here by Friday. Well, Friday came and went, as well as Saturday, and I still haven't seen them.

I've only made 2 purchases on eBay in the last 5 years and both have been a crock! This person I "supposedly" bought them from is in NY and I'm here in ND so, yes, they should have gotten here by now. Do I contact her again by e-mail and get huffy about it this time, contact PayPal and tell them I want my money back because I didn't get what I bought and/or do I leave her a nasty seller's review.

Someone I talked to who is more experienced in eBay buying said to be careful about how I word any negative feedback 'cuz it could all fall back on me as being a nasty buyer.

{{EDIT: The biggest thing about this that makes me mad, though, is that if she is for real she should have told me long before now that the colors I wanted weren't available and given me a choice then. If the sale does actually come through and I get the dumb seats my kids are almost 6 months old and pretty close to being able to sit up on their own by now anyway. }}

WWYD? Like I said, so far I'm 0 for 2 with eBay and it took a lot of guts for me to make those 2 purchases as I'm not very trusting of people I can't meet up with face-to-face. Any advice on things like this that have happened to you would be great!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Cat Addict

I'd email her back and ask if she has some sort of tracking number for the delivery. Do it in a non-blaming way. Just email her, say they haven't arrived and you're concerned they got lost, do you have a tracking number?

Depending on how she sent them, they might not arrive until Monday.

Did you check her feedback on ebay? Was it mostly good (high 90s), if so, you're probably okay.

I've only bought 1 thing through ebay and it went easily. I know lots of people who buy through ebay all the time with no problems.

Jennifer

Jennifer and the monsters
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to JackieT
Don't worry about the feedback part-- contact ebay. Ebay WILL attempt to help reconcile your purchase. You should contact them ASAP

Did you use paypal?(pleasepleaseplease say you did!) Paypal is another agency that will help, contact them after ebay. Also, did you purchase from a paypal verified seller? If so, you are in luck! You can get 100% of your money back from Paypal. Also how long has this person been selling? Sometimes if they are a power seller, they fear the "bad feedback" and will rush to refund, sometimes it takes ebays foot up their butt to refund....

And sometimes these sellers can be jerks, leaving neg. feedback... then just reply back to their feedback over and over explaining about the cad...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
Did you check her feedback on ebay?
Yeah, she had very positive feedback. Also, she's been doing this for quite some time because there were MANY feedback reviews on her, so why would she let it go for almost a month and a half and not let me know that if I still want them I should choose a different color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieT
Did you use paypal? Also, did you purchase from a paypal verified seller?
Yes, and yes.

Do you think it's okay to let this ride 1 more day to see if I get the dumb seats tomorrow? If not, I could contact eBay and/or PayPal tomorrow evening and let them know what's up. Will PayPal actually refund me my money, 'cuz how can they tell I didn't get what I purchased?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 08:56 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
I do NOT trust eBay. We were offered an item AND it was a crock!

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Cat Addict

I bought a shirt a while ago that never turned up, I contacted ebay and they said to go through paypal (but you have to click the botton in ebay to get the refund through paypal) they give the seller a certain amount of time to respond and then just refund you.

To not give a refund, the seller must have a tracking # proving that you signed for and received the item.

He gave me a refund right away and just asked that if it showed up to pay him back.

Paypal only allows you to claim within 45 days of paying in their 'normal' claim process - so you may have to email them for a form or something. if you paid by credit card, contact them as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to JackieT
I agree with icklemiss--- but pay attention to that timeline. Don't let it lapse. I would give it till tomorrow, after the normal postal delivery time, then file with Ebay& paypal. If this person has been in this for long, they WILL pay you back faast, to avoid the bad feedback
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer2
I'd email her back and ask if she has some sort of tracking number for the delivery. Do it in a non-blaming way. Just email her, say they haven't arrived and you're concerned they got lost, do you have a tracking number?
This sounds like good advice. With a tracking number you'll know if she sent the items.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss
Paypal only allows you to claim within 45 days of paying in their 'normal' claim process - so you may have to email them for a form or something. if you paid by credit card, contact them as well.
I didn't know this about Paypal. Given the length of time that's passed, I'd contact them as well tomorrow if you don't hear right back from her with the tracking info.

That's too bad. I've had good luck with my 4 eBay purchases. Hope you get your boosters!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
My hubby and our family are ebay power sellers and while we are always good at shipping things out, we havent had many problems buying things either.

only issues weve had was with two car parts

A strut tower brace that you couldnt unwind to lengthen (jammed)
and glowing dash gauges that the filaments to one gauge had torn so one of the 3 gauges didnt light.

Although we ordered a bodykit for one of our show cars that was custom. cost a grand and a half and we never recieved it.....the guy apparently did this to hundreds of people...2 years ago....they dodged better business bureau and since weve heard the FBI was after them for majour fraud.

Heres the humourous part. the guys that scammed us apparently were doing majour fraud and decided to run thsi online business as their "cover" and it had their actuall address's and phone numbers on them. when they started scamming buyers you can guess it, the cops were lead directly to them.

who the heck posts actual home addresses and phone numbers online with their names when theyre doing fraud and the FBI is trying to track them down...LOL
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2005, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Good News!

I e-mailed the lady that I bought these seats from and asked her for a tracking number and shipping company. She said they were sent UPS and gave me a number. So, I went to UPS's website and put the # in. I live in Minot, ND and as of Friday night at 8:45 p.m. the shipment left Fargo, ND and was on it's way here, whether by plane or truck I don't know (Fargo is only 4½ hours away by driving). My husband said UPS doesn't do door-to-door deliveries on Saturdays unless there's a special request so my guess is that the box is sitting in the UPS warehouse here in town and I will get it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll let you know if the kids like the seats or not! Let's hope they do - the dumb things cost $50 a piece with shipping , but hey, the money is worth it in my book if it keeps the kids happy and I don't have to sit and hold them all day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page