Just finished watching "Are We There Yet?" - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Just finished watching "Are We There Yet?"

It was a pretty cute and funny, yet extremely far-fetched at times, show! Boy, if the kids that were in that movie belonged to me . It took place between Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, British Colombia. I would LOVE to see those sites for myself. Some of the driving scenes in that movie were beautiful. They talked about it being along Hwy 5. Don't know if that's a fictional highway or the real one but, nonetheless, it was breathtaking!

I recognized the lady who played the kids' mom as the same girl who was Will Smith's girlfriend on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" and the boy who played her son has done some commercials, one of them being Welch's Grape Juice - I think.

Well, just thought I'd talk about that for a little bit. The movie had some good laughs and they were some much-needed laughs lately!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 04:55 AM
Cat

I've never heard of the movie, I don't really pay attention to things like that, but I do live east of Portland, Oregon and I-5 is indeed a freeway. It runs from Vancouver, BC, Canada to Tijuana, Mexico.

Oregon is beautiful! I love it here! We have a beautiful mountain range east of Portland called the Cascades and in them are 5 inactive volcanos and 1 active one, Mt. St. Helens. We also have the only national scenic area, the columbia river gorge, also just east of Portland along highway 84.
Heres a good site to check out http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/columbia/forest/
Heres a pic or two of the gorge area...

I live in the gorge so I'm a wee bit biased

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Premier Cat

Wow those pictures are breathtaking, but our next trip with be to NYC during Xmas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Premier Cat

Wow, Meaile, thanks for sharing those pictures! I have never been to Oregon and it's a place I'd love to see -- now, even more so. Beautiful!!

ndkittymom, my kids loved "Are We There Yet"! They watched it on the plane on our way to Italy. Thank God for those little TV screens at every seat! My kids watched that movie at least twice.

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:09 AM
Cat Addict

I love Oregon and Washington. My favorite is Multnomah Falls.

*sigh* I miss living out west.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Premier Cat

ndkittymom
NO WAY! We just rented that on Pay Per View.
We watched the 7:30 show last night!

Our living room was full of laughter when the little boy was
pee'ing in the sink in the Ladies room!
I think my favorite scene was the little girl singing Karaoke.

My 2 and 4 year old sat through about 70% of the show before they went outside...I think my 10 and 5 year old would have watched it all the way through...but they were outside playing and didnt even
know we watched it.

I dont think I could sit through it twice....
the best family movie I have seen is Kindergarten Cop.
We watch that one over and over again...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoscosMum
ndkittymom
NO WAY! We just rented that on Pay Per View.
We watched the 7:30 show last night!
Do do do do, do do do do (theme from Twilight Zone!)
You've got to be kidding me! That's too freaky that we ended up watching the same movie last night and so far I think we're also the only Y&R fans on the forum.

I thought the movie had some great laughs in it but, no, I don't think we'll rent it again - unless maybe our kids want to watch it when they're a little older.

I know everybody says don't ever say "My kids will never be like that" but, I swear to God, if my kids ever act half that snotty (especially the way the girl acted) - UGH! I don't know what I would do!

Cute movie though. LOVED the scenery! I have GOT to see the upper West Coast sometime.

It's been so long since I've seen Kindergarten Cop that I don't remember much of it. Aahnold Svaatzenagga still gets teased quite a bit about that movie so I always got the impression everybody thought it was a flop, or the low-light of his career. Maybe it's just because he has a history of being The Terminator or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page