Ground swallowing moments - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Ground swallowing moments

A recent thread about being asked for ID when going for a drink dredged up an old embarassing memory for me. I was a year ahead of myself at school and whilst all my friends had hit 18 and were allowed to drink, I was only 17 and had to had to be a bit sneaky about getting into bars. I thought I was the bees knees everytime I managed to pull off getting into a bar or club without being asked for ID. I thought I was so cool right up to the point that I sauntered up the bar and very casually asked for a "Roger Whittaker" and coke - of course I had meant a Jack Daniels....the bar man was laughing his head off and I really did wish the ground would swallow me up

I seem to have had more htan my fair share of moments like this What are some of your ground swallowing moments?

Stephie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

... by Doodle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:04 AM
Cat Addict

Forgetting my lines in Macbeth. Shakespeare is really hard to improvise.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:40 AM
Premier Cat

My most embarrassing moment is not appropriate for me to share here.
I mean it is not over the top...but only adults would be able to
appreciate how incredibly embarassing it was!
I think I could win a contest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Banned

Re: Ground swallowing moments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie
I was a year ahead of myself at school

I'm always ahead of myself, and behind everyone else!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 02:28 PM
Cat Addict

I do dumb stuff alllll the time -- I tell people and they can't believe just how bad my luck is or why ridiculous stuff happens to me and no one else.

Anyway, here's my most embarrassing moment: I used to work at this restaurant where I had to wear a dress as my uniform. When I came in to work, I had to go through the back offices and the kitchen, then through the restaurant before getting to my post at the hostess stand. So I came through the kitchen, saying hi to people and giving my friends' hugs, walked through the dining room, which was packed with the lunch rush, then got to the hostess stand and stood there for 10 minutes before realizing I had tucked my skirt into my nylons and had walked through the entire place showing everyone my butt!!! No one said a word to me about it either, which is what I was mad about most!!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
I was working at 7-11 once when i was like 17 and my bosses wife was a little round in the mid section(she comes in to help out occasionaly). I thought i heard him say his wife was pregnant when in actuallity it was his sister he was saying was pregnant. I go home and tell my mom that my bosses wife was pregnant and i didnt know my mom would just walk in to the place and say "congratulations on your pregnancy". I lost my job because my mom got embarrassed at suggesting this overweight woman was pregnant that she stammered that I had told her. My boss assumed i was insinuating I thought his wife was fat. My mom is a voluptous woman, id never insult someone like that.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Cat Addict

I was on a "first" date. We sat opposite each other at a table after dinner & ordered several rounds of drinks. I was talking & raised my drink to my mouth & the straw went into my nostril & stuck there even after I put the glass down. I mean, how sexy was THAT!!!

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Premier Cat

Mine personally-
At the local cricket club, it was a race night. After the races was disco and came the slow dances. I got to dance with this guy I really fancied and this was the first time id ever danced with anyone. I was such a moron and did what I learnt at school, some stupid ballroom thing
I remember him saying, maybe this way is better LOL jeeez.

My mum was in a shop once, did the shopping and on her way out the security alarm went off. No matter how many times the security guard searched the trolly they found nothing. In the end they took her out the back and searched her, and emptied everything out of the bags and still found nothing. I couldnt imagine going thru that.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Premier Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
I was on a "first" date. We sat opposite each other at a table after dinner & ordered several rounds of drinks. I was talking & raised my drink to my mouth & the straw went into my nostril & stuck there even after I put the glass down. I mean, how sexy was THAT!!!
I AM DYING ON THE FLOOR!
PEE PEE PANTS LAUGHING!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2005, 06:16 PM
Cat Addict

Alright, I remember two more embarrassing moments after Zalensia told the story of her mom in the store. This happened to me once while I was leaving Target, and the guy at the door couldn't find the theft tag, so other people started looking in my bag -- it turns out it was on a box of condoms. I was so embarrassed...

Then, just the other day I was going into the convenience store during a rain storm. The floor was slick inside, so I start to fall down and tried to grab the closest thing to keep from falling. I ended up grabbing a box of Preparation H and cut my hand open on the cardboard box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page