What is your Favorite hayao miyazaki Film? - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

What is your Favorite hayao miyazaki Film?

I'm in LOVE right now with Howl's moving Castle. But I still love My neighbor Totoro.

For those who aren't sure who he is or what Movies he's done. He is the main man with Studio Ghibli.

To name a few films:
Spirited Away
Kiki's delivary service
Nausicaa
The cat returns
Raccon wars
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Princess Monoke
Porco Rosso

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Icklemiss21!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:57 AM
Cat Addict

I LOVE Miyazaki's films!
I can't wait to see Howl's Moving Castle.

As for favorites, I don't know if I can pick one. I have seen Spirited Away, Mononoke, Nausicaa, Catle in the Sky and Totoro.

I watched Totoro again last week actually. I think that movie is so cute!
But I suppose if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Castle in the Sky. The little boy, Pazu, reminds me of a monkey because he is always climbing and jumping all over the place. Oh, and I love the big Laputa robots too!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Cat Addict

The only one I've seen is Monoke. But I love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Cool Cat

My favorite is "Spirited Away." My bf and I are big fans of Miyazaki's work and are anxiously anticipating watching "Howl's Moving Castle" when we get the chance!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Cat Addict

I have only seen Spirited Away, but I'm just now getting into anime, so I can add these others to my "To Watch" list.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Cat

Spirited Away is my absolute favorite, and I think Kiki's Delivery Service is my second favorite. I love susuwatari! (the dust balls in Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro). I've seen all of his movies, and I've loved them all. Miyazaki didn't direct The Cat Returns or Raccoon Wars though.

I really liked Howl's Moving Castle, but in the theatre here they only played the dubbed version. I'll have to see the original on the dvd before it makes it onto my favorites list.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
Senior Cat

Spirited Away. I've only seen 2 (SA and Totoro, both in the theater) but I'd like to see more.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 01:44 PM
Banned

I've seen Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service and Princess Mononoke. I'm going to be watching The Cat Returns today if I get a chance. My favourite right now is Kiki's Delivery Service .
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli
Spirited Away is my absolute favorite, and I think Kiki's Delivery Service is my second favorite. I love susuwatari! (the dust balls in Spirited Away and My Neighbor Totoro). I've seen all of his movies, and I've loved them all. Miyazaki didn't direct The Cat Returns or Raccoon Wars though.
REALLY?! I thought he had something to do with them because they are listed under his credits of things he's done on IMDB. Or maybe he has something to do with them recently since Disney I know was working on editing raccoon wars for the kiddies ~lol~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks Icklemiss21!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Cat Addict

As far as I know, The Cat Returns and Pom Poco (Raccoon Wars) both came from Studio Ghibli, but someone other than Miyazaki directed them.

Another good one that came from Studio Ghibli is Grave of the Fireflies. Has anyone seen that one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page