Tim McGraw concert was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 01:49 AM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Tim McGraw concert was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!

OMG! I can't believe it! My husband and I had such a great time!

The concert started at 8 p.m. and we wanted to get their early enough to get decent parking, get something to eat and then get our seats. So my mom came over and watched the kids for us and we left about 5:45. We only live about 8 minutes from the fairgrounds.

So, anyway, we get there and we're talking to an aunt of mine who runs a Dippin' Dots stand at the fair (it's ice cream, in case you've never heard of it) and she said that she talked to a cousin of mine who said there were people standing in line with general admission tickets as early as 2 p.m.!!! I'm so glad we had reserved seating. We didn't even get in line until about 6:40 and they opened the gates at 7 p.m.

The Warren Brothers were the opening act. They have a show on CMT called "Barely Famous." They were okay, but they played for almost a whole hour and it was getting kind of old. Everybody just wanted to see Tim.

So, finally, The Warren Brothers get done and the stage crew starts setting things up and getting things ready for Tim. He finally got on stage about 9:30 p.m. From then on, it was a BLAST! He sang songs that, honestly, I had forgotten about. And guess what else? Faith is not on her own tour right now so she's on the road with Tim and she got on stage and sang a few songs with him! I was kind of hoping to hear their 2 or 3 duets that they have together but, surprisingly, they didn't do any of those. So, there it was, 11:05 p.m., they cut the lights on stage and Tim walks off. BUT, they hadn't lit up the grandstand lights for people to be able to see as they walk out so this meant that Tim was coming back for an encore. He came back and did another 25 minutes!!! I don't know that I've ever been to a concert where the main act played for 2 hours. As I was saying in the other thread I started, we got the concert pass that gets us into all the country concerts at the fair but I think this concert was worth all the money itself! Tim puts on a GREAT show! WOW!!!

The best part of the whole night, though, was at the end of the concert he took off his shirt and walked up and down the stage showing his great physique! And, man, does he wear his denims well!

Okay, I'd better quit now and try to get some sleep. The crowds were so thick leaving the concert that by the time we got out of there and made it back home it was almost 12:30 a.m.

Montgomery Gentry is on Sunday night and that should be a good one too.

To any country music fans - if you want to see a good show you've GOT to see Tim McGraw. It was definitely worth the money. I promise you there will be no disappointments!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 01:52 AM
Cat Addict

I'm so glad you guys had such a good time. It sounds like it was a GREAT show!!!!

I LOVE Dippin Dots, by the way.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Cat Addict

Re: Tim McGraw concert was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndkittymom
The best part of the whole night, though, was at the end of the concert he took off his shirt and walked up and down the stage showing his great physique! And, man, does he wear his denims well!
You know, even when I was 12 I had vast knowledge of whether a man looked good in jeans or not and let me tell you...PHEW! I have VERY fond memories of being FEET from his...denims. ahem

When I was 12, though, I didn't think that way. I just acquired the knowledge later and think back on it with fondness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Premier Cat

Re: Tim McGraw concert was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndkittymom
You know, even when I was 12 I had vast knowledge of whether a man looked good in jeans or not and let me tell you...PHEW! I have VERY fond memories of being FEET from his...denims. ahem

When I was 12, though, I didn't think that way. I just acquired the knowledge later and think back on it with fondness.
Hehe sounds like a lovely sight!

I'm glad you had so much fun, that is awesome he played that long and with Faith too. I like both of them
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 05:49 PM
Premier Cat

I'm not a country fan, but Tim McGraw is one HOT man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page