Ouch! I went flying off my bike today! - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ouch! I went flying off my bike today!

I am sooooo embarassed I was on my bike, luckily I had turned off a major road on to a side street.I don't know what happened, there were a lot of pot holes and I guess I hit a big one because before I knew it I was in the air.

I mostly landed on the forearm area right above my elbows
My palms are sore but not cut. My forearm area is another story on my left arm i am VERY cut and bloodied and bruised, my right arm too but not as bad. I feel 7 not 27!

My knees hurt but aren't cut. Luckily my poor chin didn't hit the pavement, that would have looked pretty for my sisters wedding pictures!!

The bike landed on my lower body and I bruise very easily. I hurt so I am expecting bruising.It was hard to get up with the bike on me but when I finally did I stood there trying not to cry saying a bad word over and over There were no cars but I was right beside a big apartment building and there were people on thweir balconies

I can't believe how much my arms hurt!!!! I decided it was an omen to let the rest of my plans for the day go so I came home to whine to you guys!!And the kicker is that my bag that I use all the time is broken now! The strap broke off.

wah wah poor me!!! LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
Haha, Sorry that happend. About a year ago I was riding my scooter down our hill and I guess the wheel thing hit a rock, the bars in the front that you hold on to went forward, and I flew and hit the street I just layed there for like 3 minutes and then a neighbor came over and asked if I was ok. I started crying and then I saw blood all over the street. I think it was my thumb that was bleeding so bad, but it would stop! My forearms got scratched up too, my knees, my hands, and my chin a little. She walked me home and I came in bawling and my mom was all surprised and said what happend?!? And then she put my hand in the sink and washed it. I dont really remember hitting the ground, I think I blacked out. All I remember is hitting that rock and flying.

Another thing that happend, was I was with my best friend and riding bikes and my 9 year old neighbor got his bike and as chasing us and trying to kiss us. And well, of course I was going fast, and I turned my head to look back and I accidently turned the handle bars too, So I fell. I blacked out there too...And I woke up on the ground with my hand on my mouth and it was all bloody. Somehow, something went into my mouth and through my cheek. We never figured out what it was either. Then my friend was like, omg..your cheek! I was like what? And she said..theres a hole! So we rode home pretty fast and I looked in the mirror. It wasnt a big hole and there isnt even a scar on my face from it. But if you look on the inside of my mouth theres just a little bump thing where it went through.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Senior Cat

That's too bad you had a wreck on your bike.

I did that many many many years ago, and my knee has been a big problem ever since. I cannot put any weight on it at all, I could not even bring a razor over it to shave for many years.

Hopefully you are not hurt too bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 02:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
You can go after the city for that. My husband was on a bike and he hit a pothole and road rashed the whole side of his leg and went to the scity to complain and they dealt with it quite nicely

After all it is their fault...with all the taxes hey impose on people they should be able to keep the roads atleast safely paved or fill the potholes in
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow771
You can go after the city for that. My husband was on a bike and he hit a pothole and road rashed the whole side of his leg and went to the scity to complain and they dealt with it quite nicely

After all it is their fault...with all the taxes hey impose on people they should be able to keep the roads atleast safely paved or fill the potholes in
I didn't know that! I should let me know so they can fix those potholes!

it was on Ormond street between Yates and Fort. Luckily I had just gotten off of Yates so I was out of traffic because I kinda ended up in the middle of the road!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Premier Cat

Send a message via AIM to Megan1216 Send a message via MSN to Megan1216 Send a message via Yahoo to Megan1216
Ouch! That had to real hurt. I remember when I rode my bike a couple of years ago, I fell in my neighbors drive while doing a stunt and turning around and gouched my knee, it was bloody, I to this day have a scare from it. It's scary when things happen like that. I'm sorry that happend. I hope you get better soon.

I hope you didn't hurt the bike to bad you know!!!!!!!!

Just a little humor to cheer you up.

*~*~*Megan*~*~
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Ouch Alicia!! a hole in your cheek Ouch ouch ouch!!

Now that the day has gone on I am showing bruises! Elbows, knees, thighs, back of legs and back (from the bike hitting me) LOL I am beautiful!!

But it could be always be worse so no more whining from me!!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:05 PM
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
I didnt even know it happend, and it barely ever hurt..I think, I dont really remember. It was like a free piercing
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
It was like a free piercing

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Banned

Corry, I feel your pain and understand it completely. 21 years ago when I was riding my bike to the library, the front wheel locked on me and sent me sailing over the handlebars. I landed a good 10 feet or so from where the bike fell. I landed on the left side of my face and shoulders. I even had road rash on the backside of my earlobe from where my ear folded over during the fall. But the most serious injury was to my teeth. Had I not had braces, I would have lost three of my front teeth. Indeed the wire held them in place, although they were visibly bent inwards. A city utility crew witnessed the incident and called paramedics.

The trip to ER was fun. The ER physician wanted to know if I was wearing a helmet and when the ambulance driver said now, he shook his head. Well...in this case, a bike helmet would not have helped as the initial impact was square on the jaw. Corry, or any other cyclist here, please show me any bike helmet that will protect the jaw. I politely mentioned that fact and I got a dirty look!

I was taken to my orthodontist after my time in ER when it was found I had no concussions, was not going to go into shock, no neck/spinal cord injuries, etc. My orthodontist had a specialized X-ray machine that traced along the entire jawline. After it was determined that my jawline was intact with no hairline fractures, did he put in a new wire? Oddly, no. I was sent to my dentist for an exam there and he put in a new wire. After checking to see if my teeth were still alive and the nerve was not damaged, he doped me up with Novacaine and had me breathing the nitrous oxide. Problem is, that did not do squat for the 30-45 seconds of pure pain! My dentist, as well as my father, could see my teeth literally being pushed back into line with the rest of my teeth. Those who have had braces know all to well the pain for the first few wires used. Well...multiply that times ten and that was how I felt as my teeth were being realigned.

The next few days were spent on Tylenol 3 and lots of rest. Despite the general thought that braces would cause more harm to a jaw injury, that was disproven by every doctor/paramedic/dentist saying my braces saved my teeth. To this day, I have a scar of sorts from the accident. There is a dollar coin sized area (or a "Toonie" sized area for our Canadian members) on my left shoulder joint where the skin is a few shades lighter. Even after 21 years of repeated tans and burns, it still remains.

So Corry, as a person who knows your pain all too well, I hope you are feeling better very soon. Not sure what you are taking for pain, but if BC sells AC&C (an aspirin, caffeine, and codeine pill for those nat familiar with what it is.) over the counter, the codeine, even in the reduced amounts compared to prescription versions, will be a blessing for your pain.

PS: When I used to go to Toronto, I would always bring back two or three 200 count bottles of AC&C. It was great for my whopper headaches!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page