Guilt and Heart break... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

Guilt and Heart break...

My Heart is broken and it feels like thier is a weight on my chest-I'v lost my best friend due to my own stupidity-How do I get over my hurt and move on? No way this can be undone, either; I just got so angry about her saying she was my friend and then excusing people,IE her boyfriend who'd bad mouth me, and his best friend who threatend to punch me in the face; They think just because I was raised to be very polite That I am 'Not real' and a bunch of other stuff-I was rude to her over the phone and She has not called me. Sorry for the sob story. Just had to vent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Cat Addict

Give it time. Depending on your age, things like these pass quickly and easily. As cheesy as the saying is, time really does heal all wounds. For the most part, anyway.

*hugs to you*
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
It happened to me once. I just never talk to her again and move on with my life.

Someone who hates you after only one incident is not really your friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Cool Cat

Re: Guilt and Heart break...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerilka
I just got so angry about her saying she was my friend and then excusing people,IE her boyfriend who'd bad mouth me, and his best friend who threatend to punch me in the face;
If she has no problem with her boyfrined and his friend treating you so badly than maybe you are better off not having her as your friend

Your friends should support you and care about you enough to stand up for you.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

She does not hate me, exactly-She dosen't understand why I don't feel comfortable with her friends-all fairly heavy drinking, kinda promiscuis 20 somethings; I am 24, but I guess I was too sheltered, I don't fit in with them and it makes me snappy when I expected to just 'relax' and can't-That is not me! we went to a movie last night, though-I am cool with her, i guess.She is very sweet, I can be a pain some times She is the type to go clubbing all night, Able to flirt, outgoing all that -not me! not without a few shots, any how she don't get me, really. she tries though! I'll go out with them any more. Just not comfortable.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
You are too old for this. Twenty-four is a time for getting independent, buying a house, getting married and planning your future.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

She is of the opinion if you hit a guy he has the right to hit back- The story goes: he slapped my but-Not cool!, even if I was intimate with him monthe's before, So i slapped him on the arm- The point to me was I could not hurt but he could really hurt me! she yelled at him later and told them how offended I was, though! ;One of the many reasons I am choosing not hang with them anymore.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Cat

I know,shengmei, This drama is going to stop;It is not healthy for me. I have plans for my future
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 06:24 PM
Premier Cat

You don't need to be hanging out with them, especially if you feel uncomfortable. Nothing to feel bad about except the way it ended, but you'll get over it
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 06:32 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
You are too old for this. Twenty-four is a time for getting independent, buying a house, getting married and planning your future.
Yikes... that's some serious stuff. You need to be able to have fun no matter what age you are. (says the married 25-year-old who doesn't drink...)

Don't rush your growing up. It's inevitable; you don't need to help it along.

And definitely don't rush into buying a house and getting married! Buying a house doesn't make sense if you don't know where you're going to be in five years, in my opinion. Sure, it's possible to toss houses away like Kleenex, but it's very expensive and tiring. A life plan is a good thing to have, but at twenty-four, it may still change. Don't make your life too rigid. You may discover other things that interest you more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page