Arrangements for Kitties in case you die... - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Cool Cat

Arrangements for Kitties in case you die...

I was just curious how many people have made arrangements for their kitties in the event of your death/serious illness etc.

I wanted my two to go to my sister if anything happened to both hubby and me. But she now has three of her own! She owns a townhouse but it would be a bit crowded with 5 kitties!! I am trying to decide who else would be willing and able to take them and give them all the love they deserve!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to 22Raiynee22 Send a message via Yahoo to 22Raiynee22
incase

This is a good topic..If anything happened to me my best friend would take my kitty. She has 2 of her own already but she lives in a big farmhouse and said if worst comes to worst she would take him. I doubt it would happen I'm young and healthy, but i guess you never know.

Rachelle Aka Raiyn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabulously made by ForJazz!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 10:19 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Ta3339
this is a converstation my Husband i have had alot.. and we don't really have a good answer.

Most of our families who like pets already have them, and have kids who are not nice to them. I refuse to send my babies to them.

My mom HATES animals.

All in All, I think we have decided on a friend of ours who lives in boston,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Cat Addict

If I passed on, Brandon would take Scotty (or if I had a second cat, he'd take them both in). He already said so. If we both passed on, my parents would snap them up in a heartbeat. They're mostly dog people, but both of them respect my wishes so much that they would not only take them in, but try and raise them how I would have wanted.

But I don't plan on going anytime soon.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Cat

Send a message via AIM to JackieT
I have made it clear that in the event of my passing, my kitten would go to my mother, or the breeder of Gary.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 03:07 AM
Banned

If I died, my pets would stay here with Dave, and I'd haunt him to make sure! If we both died, my family knows my three youngest cats would HAVE to stay together, wherever they went. Finn would be fine though, and a friend or family member would probably take him on. One of my friends would take on Elliot anytime, whereas Asha would probably have to follow me...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 05:47 AM
Cat

We worry abot this quite a bit as we have no close family and we wouldn't want them to be honed seperatly. so not sure what we can do
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Cool Cat

My mom would definitely take them. She calls them her "grandkitties" and sends out care packages with treats and toys in them. They would be in good hands.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Honestly, I have thought about this, but I'm not sure if I've found an answer yet. Obviously Matt would keep them, but if both of us were gone, there isnt' really anyone in our families who would be willing or able to take them. (We went through this with the whole Buddy fiasco when we thought we wouldn't be able to keep him.) Matt's parents are out of the question. His mom is psycho and hates animals, his dad has two dogs and isn't interested in cats. My parents would probably take ONE if the situation arose, but wouldn't be able to take both. Matt's aunt and uncle are sweet, and MIGHT take one of them, but they're not really cat people. My step-aunt is the most likley to take them in, but she has two Jack Russel Terriers and two cats of her own. It would make things a bit crowded.

I would like to get this set up, because thinking about it, I can see people arguing over who takes Buddy (because he's younger and short-haired)and Nya gets left in the pits People always choose Buddy over Nya...

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:01 PM
Cat Addict

Send a message via AIM to Superkitties Send a message via MSN to Superkitties
We've discussed this in depth, and we have arrangements. Done right at the beginning, when I saw all these sad pets at the shelters whose parents had died, and vowed it would never happen to our furrballs.

In the event both of us pass simultaneously, my sister will take them all. They are all written into our wills, with a trust fund set up to take care of them for the rest of their lives, and my sister as the executor. We have alternate contingency plans also.

She is intimately knowledgeable of the level of care, attention and affection we lavish on them, so we feel comfortable that she will take very good care of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page