Sorry again - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Sorry again

Here's a website against the San Francisco breed ban that they are trying to start. It has some really great pictures, but sad when you think about the purpose of the site.
http://www.sorryagain.com/

Please, lets not turn this into a debate about pitbulls. I don't think anyone wants to see a blanket ban on any breed that would take good pets taken away from responsible owners irregardless of your views of the breeds being targeted.

I've added my own picture on pg 205

Jennifer and the monsters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I found that site yesterday. I really like it. The message is great. Unfortunaltey, I really dont think it'll get through to the intended targets. There is very little that can be done to change the minds of those who are against Pits. It's all too sad

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

I guess what gets to me is that they're actually going in and taking dogs from their families (at least in Denver).

I thought it would be a breeding ban or something, not actually going into people's homes and taking their pets. I just assumed existing dogs would be grandfathered in or something, assuming there were no past problems with that specific dog. Not that I agree with blanket bans of any breed, but to just take people's pets away

I couldn't even image the cops showing up at my door to take my pets!

And from the way this sounds, you're dog only needs to LOOK like one of the banned breeds.

I think that mayor and anyone who does vote for this needs to personally go to every house of "responsible" owners and explain to every little kid in those houses why they are taking "their" dog

Jennifer

Jennifer and the monsters
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Oh I completley agree. The Denver ban is a horrible thing. I simply can't imagine what those families are going through. Apparently they're trying to get their beloved pets out of harms way, sending them to family etc. It's got to be so hard.

I'm firmly against breed bans and the upcoming Ontario one greatly bothers me. Some of my favourite dogs are "pit bulls" (or dogs that are considered close enough to be affected by the ban). They'll never know freedom again. It hurts. But at least they get to live

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
You don't have to be so nice while you are online...I express my altenate evil ego all the time

I like pit bulls. I like animals in general. I don't think there is a dog I don't like
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
This is my old dog who passed away recently

im totally against this

heres what i posted

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
How did you know the dog's pedigree?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 04:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
because we rescued her as a young puppy from a man who bred the mix for junkyard dogs.(thinking that a mix like that would make a mean dog)...he thought the females wouldnt be as vicious as the males so he was just getting rid of them to anyone who was willing to remove them from the property for whatever reasons (i was super young, dont rememeber how the situation was handled) He bragged about the mixes and we saw the parent dogs personally

Mom was a Shepard/Wolf cross and Dad was a pitbull/boxer/rottie cross

i think there COULD have been a bit of blue heeler in there from the markings on her face...but they could neither confirm or deny that much

She was the sweetest dog in the world (all 100lbs of her) and her an I would spend hours cuddling together and just being buds
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 05:38 AM
Cat Addict

jeez... Seeing all of those pictures on that website really made me want to cry. Breed specific legislation is horrible. Its just not right.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Senior Cat

I find this so sad. Part of my job as a teacher is to help the children see that no matter your race, your colour, your religion, you are a unique and wonderful person. I have to help them see that there are mean people out there but not to be sad as for every mean act there are scores of loving acts. This makes me look the biggest hypocrite out. Yeah kids, love thy neighbour but not their dog. What an awful lesson for the future generations. Rather than deal with an issue and the individual cases, let's just wipe out the whole lot. Problem solved. So Sad....

Claire x
There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page