Asian man pushed off the tube - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Asian man pushed off the tube

I cant find a news article about it, but it was on the radio.
People forced an asian man off the tube train today.
Aparently he had a beard and was carrying a rucksack. Plus today it is 3 weeks to the day since the first bombings, and a week to the day since the last one.

I dont know what to think really, I mean these people on the tube have to get on with life and must be terrified that today is a day it is likely to happen again. And just like previous suicide bombers an Asian man gets on the train with a beard and a rucksack.

I feel really sorry for this guy but a part of me thinks well, use your commen sence, why get on a train like this after whats happened. I dont blame people for being nervous of him, but I feel very unsettled and sad about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Banned

That is sad to hear. But...welcome to the USA's world. The violent backlash against Islamic Americans after 9-11 was disgusting. There was even violence against Sikhs and the like.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Cat Addict

I'm confused, why an Asian man? I thought the terrorists were middle eastern (Arab).

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookie769
I'm confused, why an Asian man? I thought the terrorists were middle eastern (Arab).
If i remember correctly, in the UK they use the term Asian to mean all the asian nations, including indian and arab states, as well as nations like china and japan.

I would be curious to read the whole story to see if the fella was just standing there, or was acting in a way that made people worried.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well aparently he was looking and acting nervous.
I still cant find any news articles on it tho.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to spamlet
Quote:
I feel really sorry for this guy but a part of me thinks well, use your commen sence, why get on a train like this after whats happened.
Urh hello! He should get on a train with a rucksack and without having shaved because he has every single right to do so without being made to feel like dirt.

This attitude to me is a million times more scary than the fact that I might get caught up in a terrorist attack one day.

It is no good just feeling sorry for this man...he doesn't need our sympathy...he needs a tolerant society which doesn't judge people because of the colour of their skin or their religion.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Senior Cat

Send a message via MSN to spamlet
Quote:
Well aparently he was looking and acting nervous.
Of course he was...so would I be if I knew that most of the people on the tube were suspisious of me...or there was the chance that the police might suspect me and kill me on that mere suspicion.

What a messed up world.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Cat Addict

I understand what I think Zalensia is saying.
It is very sad that such a thing would happen, but it's not unforseeable.
A woman should be able to walk naked through central park at midnight without worrying about harm coming to her. BUT, we all know that it is not a safe thing to do.
So while a middle eastern man should be able to get onto a train, or a bus, or an airplane without worrying about the other passengers reactions, it would be foolish to think that other passengers won't notice that more now than they would have before all this happened.

Jennifer

Jennifer and the monsters
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Thankyou Jennifer thats exactly it
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Cat Addict

It was all over TV this morning how they caught 3 of the 4 suspected terrorists from the second bombing attempt in England. They were all video taped at the various stations. How they concluded these guys were the culprits from all the thousands of people who use public transportation in London is beyond my imagination. Awsome police work!!

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page