Arrests made in London Bombings - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Send a message via MSN to Jeanie
Arrests made in London Bombings

According to our NBC affilitate:

Report: Rome, London Arrests Nab All 4 Bombing Suspects

Police made a number of arrests in London, and now an arrest in Rome could mean the four identified suspects in the July 21 attempted bombings are in custody.

Some officials believe there is at least one of the terrorist still running loose. However, one of the officials said that it is not unusual for arrested colleagues to give the police information. Surprisingly, some arrests were made close to the bombing sites.

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A dog, I have always said, is prose; a cat is a poem. ~Jean Burden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Senior Cat

WOW My husband is from the UK and he can't get over what's going on over there. Some people are really sick. Hopefully they will catch all of them, lock them up and throw away the keys!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
They should all be in prison for life...

Death is actually too good for them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
They should all be in prison for life...

Death is actually too good for them...

I don't think any Europeon country has the death penalty nowadays.

judy
"Where am I going and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Cat Addict

I found this paragraph in a Washington Post Editorial today.

Those numbers are stunning!

[Quote]
Give Grandma a Pass
Politically Correct Screening Won't Catch Jihadists

By Charles Krauthammer

Friday, July 29, 2005; Page A23

Six percent of British Muslims -- more than 100,000 citizens -- thought the July 7 London terror attacks were justified. A quarter of British Muslims merely sympathize with the bombers. Even more shocking, nearly one-fifth of British Muslims say they feel little or no loyalty to Britain. Yet the most disturbing news from the July 23 London Telegraph poll is that these trends are worse among younger British Muslims.

judy
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Well then, they are not following the tenets of Islam. That's horrible!

edit/sp

Jeanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 10:50 PM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
Well then, they are not following the tenets of Islam. That's horrible!
I think they actually are
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Premier Cat

Muslim scholar: Terrorists are mass murderers, not martyrs

BY RICHARD SCHEININ

Mercury News

Tuesday's terrorist attacks have saddened and maddened millions -- and raised questions for many about Islam. Speculation abounds that the hijackers were inspired by terrorists like Osama bin Laden, who teach that violent acts can pave the way to paradise. But what does Islam really say about such matters? About jihad and martyrdom?

We asked Hamza Yusuf, an Islamic scholar in the East Bay, who said the attackers were ``enemies of Islam.'' Not martyrs, but ``mass murderers, pure and simple.''
++++++++++++++++++

This exerpt is from a periodical for Muslims.

http://www.soundvision.com/info/terrorism/hamza.asp

Jeanie

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie
This exerpt is from a periodical for Muslims.

http://www.soundvision.com/info/terrorism/hamza.asp
SoundVision? hahahaha. I hope you know who your "source" is...

One of many many examples of what SoundVision is.

Quote:
Muslims in Lebanon and the West Bank are not the only ones celebrating yesterday’s mass murder of children in Jerusalem. At SoundVision.com, an Islamic organization headquartered in Bridgeview Illinois, Muslim American teenagers are ululating and singing the praises of Allah over the killings: Martyrdom Operation Kills up to 20 and Injures more than 80.

Not all of the people on their discussion forum are sadists. A few express mild disapproval of the unseemly rejoicing—only to be lectured by the freaks, and confronted with long quotes from fatwas and hadiths justifying suicide bombing and the murder of Jews.

This is happening in Illinois, folks.

Don’t follow the link above if you have high blood pressure, or anger control issues. The hatred and venom these young American Muslims express at SoundVision is almost beyond belief, and truly shocking.

SoundVision is a tax exempt organization that spreads Islamic hatred to children. This is what they say about themselves: About Sound Vision: Vision, Introduction, Team, Achievements, Future.

The Vision of Sound Vision
The attitudes and behavior of men and women today are shaped and molded by the media whose ideals and images, by and large, are non-Islamic. Sound Vision aims to produce content with Islamic ideals and images for all current and future media. Sound Vision would like to lead the Ummah in the field of communication, Insha Allah.

Our Vision for Children
Sound Vision would like to see our children achieve their full potential as dynamic and creative individuals who are comfortable with themselves and their environment. By absorbing the noble virtues of Islam in their formative years, our children will, Insha Allah, not only be better Muslims and better citizens, they would also strive to achieve the best of this world and the best of the world to come.
Oh, and how about this:

Quote:
Bridgeview Illinois is the headquarters of SoundVision.com, and also home to one of the largest mosques in the Chicago area, the Mosque Foundation—an Islamic center that is now under a large-scale investigation for its alleged ties to terrorist financing: U.S. Investigating Mosque Foundation. (Hat tip: fiery celt.)

Federal authorities are investigating the Mosque Foundation in Bridgeview and its leaders for possible involvement in terror-related money laundering.

The house of worship, one of the largest Islamic centers in the Chicago area, has been under FBI surveillance for years, the Daily Southtown has learned.

A decade-old federal investigation, a landmark lawsuit filed three years ago and the government crackdown on Muslim charities after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks have served expose a complex web of small businesses and charitable associations accused of funneling money to Palestinian terrorist groups.

Federal agents, once discouraged from launching criminal inquiries into some terror-funding sources, now are nearing a critical stage in their probe into the heart of the Islamic community in and around Bridgeview.

One source familiar with the investigation said indictments could come by the end of the year.

Read the article for the full story. Here are some of the groups connected with the Mosque Foundation:

Islamic Assn. for Palestine
American Middle Eastern League for Palestine
Quranic Literacy Institute
North American Islamic Trust
American Muslim Society
Holy Land Foundation
Islamic Society of North America
oh... and for the trifecta... here's the "approved" material, for those times when the infidels ask uncomfortable questions after a jihad operation.

Quote:
Your Islamic center can adopt, rewrite and issue the following statement to your local media.

Please replace “Muslims of America” with the Muslim community of your city. Type this or your modified version on your Masjid or Islamic center’s letterhead.

Fax this to the news desk of your local media outlets (newspapers, radio and television). You can Find the fax numbers in your yellow or white pages.

Do add the name of a contact person and a cell number on which that person can be reached. This person should be able to speak on your community’s behalf as a spokesperson.

If the media is interested in visiting your Masjid, Islamic center or school, welcome them.

Sample statement:

The Muslims of America join their fellow Americans today in condemning these dastardly acts of terrorism and share the grief and sorrow of the nation. Our hearts go out to the friends and families of those who are victims of this despicable tragedy.

Obviously this seems a well-planned and well-coordinated act of terrorism and we are confident that the law enforcement authorities will soon discover the identity of perpetrators responsible for this contemptible act and bring them to task with the full force of the law.

At this moment of confusion, uncertainty and naturally highly charged emotions, we earnestly appeal to the media not to rush to judgment, as was done in the wake of the April 1995 bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City. Let the response of our nation be mature and thoughtful. This is a moment of prayer and unity not of hasty reaction.

We pray to God to give strength to all of those who have suffered during this catastrophe.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 02:09 PM
Cat Addict

genEus, are you from Chicago?

Bridgeview.............as in the south side of Chicago? (I live only about 40 miles away)!

Your C&P is an astonishing eyeopener for me! I tried to get in to the SoundVision forum but a box said "the server is too busy at the moment" and to try again later. (Which I WILL do).

Some of the greatest attrocities in the world have been committed under the guise of religion, and preached by people who seek to brainwash & manipulate their followers to do their bidding. The "sheeple" of the world are legion & we've gott em homegrown here in the U.S. too.

I fear for us. I fear the people who witlessly allow a religious mouthpiece to interpret what a religious writing actually means, be it the Koran or the Bible or whatever writings someone believes in & thinks it to be infallible.

No thanks, I'll do my OWN interpetations, if you don't mind.

I don't really know anything about this Muslim stuff but I think it would behove me (and everyone else) to start doing some homework on it before we start making blanket statements on that faith.

judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page