Roses - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Tom Cat

Send a message via AIM to alicia
Roses

I woke up this morning and there were yellow roses on my desk That made me really happy. And they smell good Whats your favorite color of roses? All I know is that theres red and yellow ones. I think theres pink though too. I like the red ones a lot, but I think yellow roses are my favorite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
I like those peach "Peace" roses with a pink edge.

However, for non-grocery-store varieties....I prefer tea roses that produce rose hips. Rose hips are very tasty. I always like heritage varieties of roses better.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Cat Addict

On one of my birthdays my husband sent a bouquet of a half-dozen roses to my workplace. Each rose was a different color - red, pink, white, yellow, peach and lavendar. It was the most beautiful arrangement of flowers I had seen! I personally favor the peach and lavendar just 'cuz they're not your everyday rose. I don't think either of them are natural either. They are either dyed that color or a result of genetic tweaking to get that color.

It's fun getting flowers unexpectedly, isn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:06 PM
Banned

HUH? There had been peach roses since the 1800s
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:10 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
HUH? There had been peach roses since the 1800s
OK, sorry. I just didn't realize that.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Banned

I love peach ones, though...

I just think it is interesting that everytime something unexpected happens, people attribute it to genetic engineering. Genetic engineering actually affects crops a lot less than people think because of USDA regulations. There are currently no GM fruits and vegetables on the market right now.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to lunarbishop Send a message via Yahoo to lunarbishop
my fav is the rare/nonexistant blue rose. so far they have been able to genetically make a blue rose but the leaves and stem also turned blue. And all of this can be blamed on the smurfs! theres an episode where smurfette wants a blue rose and she gives up her blue skin color to have mother nature make hera blue rose (trying to stay on topic-there's more to the story). the only rose that comes close are the lavender ones, and i had them for my wedding!! my hubby knows that if he gets me roses they have to be purple/lavender. reds, pinkks, yellows, peaches, oranges and others are all very beautiful but i just like the weird purple ones!

~bekki and daizy~

~bekki & daizy & aramis~
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:06 PM
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
I just think it is interesting that everytime something unexpected happens, people attribute it to genetic engineering. Genetic engineering actually affects crops a lot less than people think because of USDA regulations. There are currently no GM fruits and vegetables on the market right now.
GM soybeans and corn have been around for a long time. http://www.mercola.com/2004/jan/24/gm_foods.htm

Quote:
Aside from corn and soy, other GM foods grown in the United States include cotton, canola, squash and papaya

Jennifer and the monsters
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
I love white roses, and also the "peace" ones Shengmei talked about. My grandpa bought me a peace rose bush when I was little, it grew in our garden for several years, but died when he tried to move it.

But overall, I'm not really a fan of roses. I like creativity! I would love to recieve a potted gerber daisy in some bright outrageous colour over a bouquet of roses anyday!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Cool Cat

Send a message via MSN to vanillasugar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarbishop
my fav is the rare/nonexistant blue rose. so far they have been able to genetically make a blue rose but the leaves and stem also turned blue. And all of this can be blamed on the smurfs! theres an episode where smurfette wants a blue rose and she gives up her blue skin color to have mother nature make hera blue rose (trying to stay on topic-there's more to the story). the only rose that comes close are the lavender ones, and i had them for my wedding!! my hubby knows that if he gets me roses they have to be purple/lavender. reds, pinkks, yellows, peaches, oranges and others are all very beautiful but i just like the weird purple ones!

~bekki and daizy~
I've seen blue roses... but I think they were white roses that had been dyed, as the tips were darker and they were kinda veiney. I've heard if you put a white rose in water with food colouring, it begins to pick up that colouring!

<--Julia

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page