I'm Still Here - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

I'm Still Here

Just wanted to say hello to you all and let you know that I am still around, but as you know I am helping my friend out by running her salon for her whilst she is away on holiday. I started on Friday and have been working from 10.30am until 9pm every day, I am really enjoying it though.

Am also counting down the days until I can go and collect Teabag, still about another 3 weeks to go before I can have her. Oh well, it will be worth it all in the end as you all know the trouble I went to to get her, she will be spoilt rotten I can just feel it already!! Must ger her a Christmas Stocking too as I have one for each of my rats and chinchilla so she cant be left out!!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I havent left the country but just very busy, Should be back to normal on the 9 August though, so watch this space.

Dawn xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 10:27 AM
Premier Cat

Dont work too hard!
Cant wait till we see pictures of
sweet Teabag. I love that name!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Tom Cat

Hi Dawn!

Good to know you haven't run away.

Wow! Three more weeks? Did you run into hurdles with her vet treatments, paperwork...? I thought you were going to be getting her sooner than that, but probably my misunderstanding.

Can't wait to see pics of Teabag! Are you planning to keep her name? It's so cute...can't say I have ever met another kitty named "Teabag"

I made the mistake of going into the little cat adoption room at PetSmart a few days ago. I usually have to avoid it. We have our legal limit of cats so I can't bring any more home. *sniffle* I fell in love with a 12 y.o. orange tabby (with white socks!) He was found abandoned in a neighborhood not far away from me. The lady who rescued him and brought him in was heartbroken. She wanted to keep him - unfortunately, her child was allergic. He had already been neutered and declawed

He was soooo sweet and kept reaching through the bars of the cage to get attention. He had a 5 y.o. Bengal in the cage next to him that was as vocal as any Siamese...and so beautiful! I kept trying to think "hmmmm...who can I give these guys to if I take them home...." But, of course that is never a good idea.

My next kitty (when I am in an area that will allow more than 4) will be an adopted adult - probably an older one. The kittens there were cute and enchanting, but my heart really went out to the older cats. Kittens are so much more in demand...but these senior kitties -

Sorry, didn't meant to invade your thread. Keep us posted on Teabag!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Jr. Cat

Hiya

No you werent mistaken Brynn, I was meant to have had her by the end of last week, but they heard her "calling" and so their previous presumptions that she had been neutered were banished. However, before they will neuter her they want her to complete the course of antibiotics that she had just started for her liver infection so thats another 3 weeks, then she needs a check up to check its all cleared up and if she then gets a bill of clean health they will neueter her. Then they will wait a couple of days and if all seems ok she can then come home with me.

So when I spoke to them last monday they said roughly another 4 weeks, so obviously tomorrow its just another 3 weeks now - it will soon fly by anyway. I will still be helping at the salon until next monday evening so then it will just be another two weeks so it will soon be over.

Cant wait to have her now I keep thinking shes just sitting there all alone and im waiting here for her - and she doesnt even know it!!! Dont worry though Ill make it up to her I promise!!

I know what you mean about the older cats getting left out when people go in for a cat and come out with a kitten. I was thew only person who phoned up about Teabag.

As for her name I shall def keep it I think it is such a sweet name, and not fair on her to change it. If I was homeless I wouldnt expect whoever took me in to change my name!!!!

Dawny xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page