He hasn't proposed but I'm plotting his demise!! **UPDATE!** - Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

He hasn't proposed but I'm plotting his demise!! **UPDATE!**

Ok, with all this wedding talk, I know I'm not the only one waiting (and waiting, and waiting) for my man to propose. This thread is for those of us in the same boat. This way, we can vent our frustrations without ranting on all the wedding boards.

I am definitely HAPPY for all the ladies (and gentlemen) getting married soon (or who have just recently married) and I don't want to spoil their fun.

Let's see...Brandon and I have been dating over 2 years now, we're both OUT of college, we both have great jobs (his is even better than mine) and the only thing stopping us from getting engaged? Him. That's right. He bought a car, put all his money as a down payment on it and he can't afford a ring. *sigh* I'm trying so hard to be patient, but it's driving me insane.

Also, he said he tried to get financing for the ring, but that he wasn't approved (uh huh).

HE PROPOSED TODAY!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 02:57 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Willow771
oooohhh...do i ever understand...i was in your boat and it got so bad that i would plead and cry etc etc and it never got anywhere untill one day i just got mad and walked off (not to leave him but just to cool off) and said i was tired of feeling like i was nothing more than a bed-buddy...he got the hint and asked me to marry him, even with no ring yet. but hey it was worth it.

may i also say tho that as much as we like to think things dont change....boy do they ever.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to roseeden
My fiance got me a $200 ring for our engagement. We picked out the ring together.

He wanted to get me something that is $1000. I was like "why spend $1000 on something that can possibly be accidentially flushed down the toilet?" I had accidentially flushed down a bracelet before.

I think we should save money to buy a house. You can't flush a house down the toilet

Also, I know I am being very controversial here...but my fiance and I believed in we should be celibate before we get married. He was very eager to propose after three years of relationship. I wonder if celibate couples engage sooner than non-celibate couples.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Cat Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
My fiance got me a $200 ring for our engagement. We picked out the ring together.

He wanted to get me something that is $1000. I was like "why spend $1000 on something that can possibly be accidentially flushed down the toilet?" I had accidentially flushed down a bracelet before.

I think we should save money to buy a house. You can't flush a house down the toilet

Also, I know I am being very controversial here...but my fiance and I believed in we should be celibate before we get married. He was very eager to propose after three years of relationship. I wonder if celibate couples engage sooner than non-celibate couples.
In some cases that might be true, but I don't think it's true in all cases. See, the issue isn't that he doesn't want to, it's that he (says he) can't afford the ring right now. I know we'll get engaged when he's got it all figured out, so it's a waiting game now.

We're not celibate (I sure hope my mother doesn't read this )but we also don't live together. But in all honesty, it doesn't matter what other people think you should or shouldn't do; what matters is that you are comfortable with your choice.
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Premier Cat

I am married but I fondly remember our pre-engagement period!

My then-boyfriend got a job and settled into a new place (a long-term housesitting arrangement). We had agreed that I would look for a job near to him. After I found my job, I asked if I could stay at his place while I looked for my own apartment.

I was there for about two months before I moved into an apartment with my girlfriend about 1/2 hour away. He was crushed! He honestly didn't believe that I would actually move!

It cost more money for me to get my own place, but for me it was important to be independent and a bit less available to him. I think he got a bit spoiled having my constant companionship as well as someone to cook and share the chores!

I only ended up living in the apt. for 6 months because he proposed. Then I was willing to move back in with him!!

Owned by Pepper and Pumpkin RIP Snickers 8/22/00 -- 11/28/06

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Tom Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shengmei
that's an interesting observation...my husband and I were celebate before we got married...and he preposed quickly....7 months after we met...and we only were engaged 2 months. So yes, that's a total of 9 months from when we met to our wedding.
4 years later it's still going strong
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 07:28 PM
Cat Addict

I moved in with my husband the very day we got together, one week after we started hanging out and three months after we met at my parents' business. Very not celibate. So, got together in August, got engaged in November. I kept my own apartment until January 1 before truly moving in together, but I never really went home after that first day. We married the following August, and tomorrow is our fourth anniversary.

We moved WAY too fast, and I have some regrets, but not enough to outweigh the good that has come from my life with him. Still wish I would have taken a little longer, though.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Premier Cat

Here is another little secret about myself....

I have been married 3 times...Yup....George is my 3rd husband.
My forever husband...if something happens,
I will stay alone and raise my kids.

I dunno.....men always asked me to marry them.
I always have wondered if it is because I was never holding out
for marriage. So then they keep asking?
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Cat Addict

I am living with just a promise ring he gave me when I was still at school in the UK and he was over here. Two years of living together and no ring

According to him its my own fault that we aren't engaged because the one time he took me to look for rings I didn't like any of them. You know when he dragged me through the shop in the 10 mins I had to spare in my lunch break!

It seems every time we actually talk about it, something happens that takes over our whole lives and its put on the back burner again.

post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Senior Cat

Send a message via AIM to TxnKats Send a message via MSN to TxnKats
David and I officially moved in together 6 months after meeting. Though, from the moment we met face to face we hardly spent any time apart. He purposed on our 1 year anniversary. He waited that long just because of him moving from California to Texas, and us starting a life together in Dallas and all those expenses. Then we got married 3 years later. So, we lived together 3.5 years before getting married. So, yeah, ummm, not celibate. But the only reason we didn't get married or engaged sooner was more money reasons instead of anything else...Now we recently had our 2 year wedding anniversary (6 years together in total) and we're still going strong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Cat Forum : Cat Discussion Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page